Local youth football round up

Local youth football round up


Dunmow United Pythons 4 Galleywood Falcons 2

Pythons put last week’s disappointment behind them to go into the Christmas break with a convincing win against Falcons.

They got off to perfect start when a cross shot from Harry Roberts was turned in at the back post by Cameron Gibson. The lead was doubled by Roberts but Galleywood took advantage of a lack of concentration and pulled a goal back.

Harry Simmons and Roberts with his second made the game safe although Galleywood kept their shape and claimed a consolation.

Dunmow Rhodes Tigers 4 Uplands Rangers 1

Most Read

Rhodes entertained Uplands for the second time in two weeks. Both teams moved the ball quickly, but it was Rhodes who started to create more chances. Following hitting the crossbar twice and then the post it was in form striker Miles Thorpe who open the scoring with a clinical finish. Thorpe the made it two just before half time.

The second half saw Claydon, Clancy and Leaning working hard in defence, and only a deflected goal got pass them. Rhodes Alfie Bowen then hit a left foot strike to make it three. Dylan Bennett made it four following a fantastic passing move between four Rhodes players.


Writtle Minors 3 Dunmow Rhodes Lions 2

Dunmow Rhodes suffered last-gasp heartache as Writtle hit a last minute winner.

The hosts were the first to score on 12 minutes but Rhodes responded and equalised when Adam Giggs converted a long throw from Sam Hockley.

Both sides looked the equal of each other well into the second half until Writtle were awarded a penalty and made it 2-1.

Two minutes later the home side offered a sitter to Sam Duberry who tapped home a simple equaliser.

But Writtle rushed forward in numbers and managed to bundle the ball over the line for the winner.

Dunmow United Tigers 1 Rayne Youth 1

Tigers battled back to earn a draw against Rayne.

The visitors took the lead from a corner but Tigers settled and took control, although they could not convert possession into goals.

The game followed the same pattern into the second period. In the final quarter of an hour the home team levelled, with Lewis Roe beating the Rayne keeper after a good passing move. The Tigers continued to press but couldn’t find that elusive second goal.

Flitch Youth 2 Heybridge Swifts Youth 0

Flitch ended 2013 by grinding out a win against a resilient Swifts team. In a weather dominated first half, both Conor Clark and Tommy Bull went close for the hosts, but it remained goalless at half time.

Clark gave Flitch the lead from close range after Daniel Topp’s through ball. Flitch went close several times before Ethan Lock wrapped up the points by scrambling the ball home from Callum Davies’ pinpoint corner.