Local youth football round up

Local youth football round up


Galleywood Kestrels 4 Dunmow United Pumas 7

THE Pumas kicked off the new season with an 11-goal thriller at Galleywood.

The hosts opened their account on 14 minutes before George Coates equalised for Pumas with his very first touch after coming on as substitute.

Galleywood twice regained the lead before half time capitalising on some hesitancy in the Dunmow defence either side of a debut goal from Ben Clarke to lead 3-2 at the break.

The Pumas grew in confidence after Clarke’s second goal levelled the score early into the second half before he completed a hat-trick to give United the lead for the first time.

Most Read

Coates added three further goals to become the first Puma to score four in a match and although the Kestrels pulled one back it was a fine opening victory for Dunmow.


Flitch Youth Blues 2 Broomfield Youth Thunder 1

FLITCH Blues got their season off to a great start with a win over Broomfield Youth thunder, but the game was certainly no stroll in the park.

From the start the visitors put in a spirited performance and took a well deserved lead 15 minutes in.

It was a different story after the break as Flitch picked up the pace.

And it wasn’t long before the equaliser came along, Ben Mackey latching on to the ball and rounding the keeper before tucking the ball home.

Further chances came and went for Flitch until Mackey hit the winner with a well-taken volley to cap a good first win for the team.


Galleywood Falcons 2 Dunmow Rhodes Tigers 4

TIGERS played their first game in division 1 and came away with all three points thanks to a dominant first half.

After 10 minutes a Thorpe corner found Glen-Doepell who headed goalwards for Johnson to stab the ball home from a yard out.

Soon after a Royds ball down the line sent Johnson clear who steered the ball round the outrushing keeper.

Fullerton slid through ball from the back for Johnson to bag his hat-trick with a clinical finish

Falcons scored twice – one in each half – but Thorpe restored Dunmow’s two-goal lead with a chip over the keeper.


Burnham Ramblers 1 Dunmow Rhodes 0

RHODES could only manage to put out 10 players to face a revamped Ramblers.

Led by Claude Laudrum, Rhodes were structured and disciplined in defence, and they were unlucky to concede the only goal of the game.

But, despite peppering the Ramblers goal, they could not find an opening.


Beacon Hill Rovers 1 Flitch Youth 1

FLITCH started the new season in the top flight with a well-earned point at Beacon Hill.

They began started brightly and were unlucky not to take the lead when Ethan Lock blasted against the bar. The hosts managed to scramble a Flitch shot off the line, before Tommy Bull gave the visitors the lead from close range after a through ball by Kennie Irving.

Rovers caught Flitch on the break to equalise early in the second half.

Callum Davies hit the bar directly from a corner, but despite further half chances Flitch couldn’t seal the win they deserved.