Little Bardfield CC overcome Sudbury II
LITTLE Bardfield emerged victors by 60 runs in a rain-affected match against Sudbury seconds in the Two Counties League Division Three.
Eddie Hitchcock hit 25 off as many balls before being caught. Three other batsmen met with a similar fate, before Peter Gray, at number seven, top-scored with 52, bringing Bardfield’s total to 231-7.
After an extended tea-break due to rain, Sudbury’s openers put on 37 before Tom Graham took a sharp catch to dismiss Oakes.
Will Slemmings, returning from university, took the wicket of Colin Walters (42) with a fine slip-catch from Daryl Hymas. Slemmings ended with figures of 5-45, aided by Steve Hudspith (4-70).
* LITTLE Bardfield seconds made the short journey to Hockerill, Bishop’s Stortford, and came away with a 43-run victory.
You may also want to watch:
Electing to bat, Bardfield opener Paul Sheridan played steadily for his 48 runs before being adjudged LBW. Joe Owen supported with 33, and Paul Morris ended on 26 not out. Top-scorer and captain Peter Bray hit 12 boundaries during his innings of 69 off just 43 balls as Bardfield ended on 226 for 8.
Simon Cooper (59) was the only Hockerill man to get a start, and with two wickets apiece for Owen, Charlie Holmes and Ollie Morris, the home side were out for 173.
- 1 Local Elections 2021: Essex County Council results for Uttlesford
- 2 Here's what you can do from May 17 as Covid restrictions ease
- 3 Is former Love Island star Carl Woods moving to Bardfield?
- 4 High Easter claim Division Two title with win over Great Bradfords
- 5 New mayor and deputy mayor appointed for town council
- 6 Concerns that Covid lockdowns has caused fitness levels to drop
- 7 Contractor appointed for new enterprise centre
- 8 Local elections 2021: UDC ward results for Newport and The Sampfords
- 9 Dunmow Cricket Club announces new sponsor
- 10 Dunmow sign writer's traditional skills are a hit