Let there be light at club
Takeley took a giant step forward on Monday when work started on new flood lighting installation at their Station Road ground. In addition, the club will soon see the construction of a new stand and a walkway around the pitch. With the lights Takeley wil
Takeley took a giant step forward on Monday when work started on new flood lighting installation at their Station Road ground.
In addition, the club will soon see the construction of a new stand and a walkway around the pitch.
With the lights Takeley will be able to be included in FA competitions and advance up the football pyramid.
It is only a few years ago that work began by local enthusiasts to rebuild the fine canteen and
You may also want to watch:
dressing rooms, that is now a proud beacon of the club's ground, as well as proper dugouts for the management and substitutes.
Chairman Pat Curran said: "This is the start of Takeley's future plans to put the football club and indeed the village into the forefront of football.
- 1 Pedestrian dies following Dunmow collision
- 2 Picture gallery: Spot yourself at Finchingfield 2021 three-legged race
- 3 Blue-green algae proves fatal for Doctor's Pond fish
- 4 Reporter wins award for Uttlesford news articles
- 5 Man admits to causing death by dangerous driving after B184 collision
- 6 M11 targeted in week of motorway protests
- 7 Award for off-duty police officer who saved a man's life
- 8 Felsted collision: Motorcyclist seriously injured
- 9 Be there for seasonal Apple and Bees Day at the Gardens of Easton Lodge
- 10 Covid booster jab sessions due to start at Lord Butler
"It is our intention to develop youth football and engage them in worthwhile social involvement."
Manager Don Watters is delighted with the development of the club.
"The lights should be working within a week and we are hoping to hear from a few professional clubs about coming down for an opening friendly," he said.
"The club is moving in the right direction and we are looking to be in the Essex Senior League next year.
"It's up to me to make that happen and I think we can achieve our goal. We are in second spot with two games in hand so we should go back above Mountnessing and have already beaten Benfleet who will be up there.