Let there be light at club
Takeley took a giant step forward on Monday when work started on new flood lighting installation at their Station Road ground. In addition, the club will soon see the construction of a new stand and a walkway around the pitch. With the lights Takeley wil
Takeley took a giant step forward on Monday when work started on new flood lighting installation at their Station Road ground.
In addition, the club will soon see the construction of a new stand and a walkway around the pitch.
With the lights Takeley will be able to be included in FA competitions and advance up the football pyramid.
It is only a few years ago that work began by local enthusiasts to rebuild the fine canteen and
You may also want to watch:
dressing rooms, that is now a proud beacon of the club's ground, as well as proper dugouts for the management and substitutes.
Chairman Pat Curran said: "This is the start of Takeley's future plans to put the football club and indeed the village into the forefront of football.
- 1 Plan for 30 Dunmow homes rejected by councillors
- 2 Debut Dunmow festival set for sellout success
- 3 Dunmow store transforms with new wedding and prom focus
- 4 Two injured in Hatfield Broad Oak crash
- 5 Revealed: images of new hospital that aims to be carbon neutral
- 6 Parkrun is back - runners urged to maintain social distancing
- 7 Four birthday cakes as Florence celebrates her 105th birthday
- 8 Life change of direction for owners of new Felsted cafe
- 9 Motorcyclist in hospital after Broxted collision
- 10 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
"It is our intention to develop youth football and engage them in worthwhile social involvement."
Manager Don Watters is delighted with the development of the club.
"The lights should be working within a week and we are hoping to hear from a few professional clubs about coming down for an opening friendly," he said.
"The club is moving in the right direction and we are looking to be in the Essex Senior League next year.
"It's up to me to make that happen and I think we can achieve our goal. We are in second spot with two games in hand so we should go back above Mountnessing and have already beaten Benfleet who will be up there.