League finals attract crowds
A GOOD crowd gathered at the Crocus Tavern to enjoy the finals of the Saffron Walden Winter Darts League competitions and see the presentation of the trophies to bring the winter season to a close. Keith Hill, representing Stansted Social Club, won the Di
A GOOD crowd gathered at the Crocus Tavern to enjoy the finals of the Saffron Walden Winter Darts League competitions and see the presentation of the trophies to bring the winter season to a close.
Keith Hill, representing Stansted Social Club, won the Division One singles title defeating Nick Wright from Newport Club A. The Division Two singles champion is Pat Crawte from the Crocus Tavern who beat the defending champion, Simon Monk of the Fleur de Lys Widdington.
The Division One doubles championship went to Nick Wright and Richard Watson (Newport Club A). In Division Two the doubles champions are Adrian Baker and Charlie Hobday (Newport Club B).
The mixed pairs champions are Wayne Bloomfield and Teresa Dale (Stansted Social Club) who defeated Adrian and Karen Webb (Saffron Walden Football Club).
You may also want to watch:
Newport Club A retained the Division One league Championship completing their season undefeated. Division One runners up were Stansted Social Club. Division Two league champions are the Axe A with the runners up spot going to the Queens Head A Littlebury.
The team Knockout Trophy went to Newport Club A and runners up were Saffron Walden Football Club. The Medics Cup was won by Stansted Social Club and runners up were the Rose & Crown Ashdon.
- 1 Dogs seized and three arrested following police operation on Braintree Road, Dunmow
- 2 Two charged in connection with Dunmow burglary
- 3 No 11th hour reprieve for Finchingfield homes plan
- 4 New Dunmow school approved but safety fears aired
- 5 Great Easton pub sells at auction
- 6 More history made by Dunmow Taekwondo's talented students
- 7 'That's more like it' roars Takeley's John Hedges after comfortable win in pro fight number two
- 8 Woman taken to hospital after serious accident between Takeley and Dunmow
- 9 Residents urged to have their say in housing consultation
- 10 Online Young Musician competition launched by Dunmow Rotarians
Steve Hayward from Newport Club A took the award for most 180s during the season. The last award of the night was warmly applauded by everyone as Billy Powell from the White Horse Newport received a personalised trophy recording his terrific 170 shot out in the League.