Late Lipman goal sees Barnston win friendly
- Credit: Archant
Barnston AFC hosted a mixed Takeley squad on Tuesday night in a friendly as Barnston had no fixture the previous Saturday.
Takeley controlled the game for the first 20 minutes with pace and movement causing the hosts all sorts of problems, and an excellent strike put them 1-0 up.
Barnston keeper Alex Blackman kept out further Takeley chances and they had a goal disallowed for offside.
Sam Jones hit the bar from a header with Barnston’s best chance of the first half.
Takley scored a second within a minute of the restart as a low cross was converted.
You may also want to watch:
Barnston pulled one back as Bailey Jones fired home and the same player then equalised.
Takeley then scored a third after beating the offside trap.
- 1 Essex County Council approves council tax increase
- 2 Housing sites sought by Uttlesford District Council
- 3 Beavers help with Finchingfield's 'worst flood in 20 years'
- 4 Hot lunches to support more vulnerable in community
- 5 Seventh flood in Great Bardfield breaks pavement
- 6 Man jailed for at least 18 years after murdering partner out of jealousy
- 7 Dolly the pig gets help after getting stuck in the mud
- 8 Swan Inn customers support the foodbank
- 9 Former POW camp on council heritage list
- 10 Work placements for almost 200 ARU student nurses
However, Barnston were not finished.
Sam Jones swept home from another Barnston corner to equalise again to make it 3-3 before Kurt Lipman scrambled a Barnston winner.