Late Lipman goal sees Barnston win friendly
- Credit: Archant
Barnston AFC hosted a mixed Takeley squad on Tuesday night in a friendly as Barnston had no fixture the previous Saturday.
Takeley controlled the game for the first 20 minutes with pace and movement causing the hosts all sorts of problems, and an excellent strike put them 1-0 up.
Barnston keeper Alex Blackman kept out further Takeley chances and they had a goal disallowed for offside.
Sam Jones hit the bar from a header with Barnston’s best chance of the first half.
Takley scored a second within a minute of the restart as a low cross was converted.
You may also want to watch:
Barnston pulled one back as Bailey Jones fired home and the same player then equalised.
Takeley then scored a third after beating the offside trap.
- 1 Dunmow and Stansted councillors not in new Essex County Council cabinet
- 2 Broomfield nurse still struggling with Covid-19 after effects
- 3 Holidaymakers fly abroad again out of Stansted Airport
- 4 Man sentenced after admitting two charges of sexual assault
- 5 Hoarding can cause higher risk of fire, says emergency service
- 6 Is former Love Island star Carl Woods moving to Bardfield?
- 7 TSB closes Dunmow branch
- 8 Prisoner of war camp a 'huge part' of Essex's history
- 9 New Dunmow and Barnston vicar thanks community for their warm welcome
- 10 Prison sentence extended for man involved in Dunmow attack
However, Barnston were not finished.
Sam Jones swept home from another Barnston corner to equalise again to make it 3-3 before Kurt Lipman scrambled a Barnston winner.