Late Lipman goal sees Barnston win friendly
- Credit: Archant
Barnston AFC hosted a mixed Takeley squad on Tuesday night in a friendly as Barnston had no fixture the previous Saturday.
Takeley controlled the game for the first 20 minutes with pace and movement causing the hosts all sorts of problems, and an excellent strike put them 1-0 up.
Barnston keeper Alex Blackman kept out further Takeley chances and they had a goal disallowed for offside.
Sam Jones hit the bar from a header with Barnston’s best chance of the first half.
Takley scored a second within a minute of the restart as a low cross was converted.
Barnston pulled one back as Bailey Jones fired home and the same player then equalised.
Takeley then scored a third after beating the offside trap.
- 1 New speed check groups to start: Rayne duo share experiences
- 2 RideLondon 5 year plan: 900 object to district road closures
- 3 Dunmow Rovers Tigers Under 10s celebrate 'fantastic result'
- 4 Outdoor theatre shows for all the family set for the National Trust's Hatfield Forest this summer
- 5 Wins for High Roding, Aythorpe Roding and Dunmow cricketers
- 6 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 7 Great Dunmow's Soapbox Race's thrills and spills in pictures
- 8 Iceland offers over 60s discount on shopping bill every week
- 9 High Roding continue excellent start, as Aythorpe, Dunmow suffer defeats
- 10 Dunmow pilots airlift medical aid to help Ukraine
However, Barnston were not finished.
Sam Jones swept home from another Barnston corner to equalise again to make it 3-3 before Kurt Lipman scrambled a Barnston winner.