Late Lipman goal sees Barnston win friendly
- Credit: Archant
Barnston AFC hosted a mixed Takeley squad on Tuesday night in a friendly as Barnston had no fixture the previous Saturday.
Takeley controlled the game for the first 20 minutes with pace and movement causing the hosts all sorts of problems, and an excellent strike put them 1-0 up.
Barnston keeper Alex Blackman kept out further Takeley chances and they had a goal disallowed for offside.
Sam Jones hit the bar from a header with Barnston’s best chance of the first half.
Takley scored a second within a minute of the restart as a low cross was converted.
You may also want to watch:
Barnston pulled one back as Bailey Jones fired home and the same player then equalised.
Takeley then scored a third after beating the offside trap.
- 1 Court sentence for Dunmow knife attacker, guilty of attempted murder
- 2 Chelmsford bypass 'could provide strategic link' to Stansted Airport
- 3 Dedicated children's hospital set for Cambridge
- 4 Grange Farm & Dunmow Runners get in plenty of runs before winter begins
- 5 Dunmow Rovers' girls advance in Essex County League Cup
- 6 Council agrees to 'complicated' parking charges at Hylands Park
- 7 England call-up for Max Malins after hat-trick in Saracens' demolition of Bath
- 8 First 'building block' of Harlow town centre major regeneration approved
- 9 Rural ramblers efforts for Helen Rollason Cancer Charity
- 10 An afternoon at the Proms for Mountfitchet House residents
However, Barnston were not finished.
Sam Jones swept home from another Barnston corner to equalise again to make it 3-3 before Kurt Lipman scrambled a Barnston winner.