Last major competition of 2014 held at Gosfield Lake
- Credit: Archant
The Christmas Stableford, the last major competition of 2014, has been held by the veterans section at Gosfield Lake Golf Club.
More than 80 competitors entered and played for the 20 prizes on offer which were subsidised by the club’s veterans section.
Following the golf the members enjoyed a traditional Christmas dinner and the presentation of Christmas hampers and other festive prizes.
The weather was cold and windy with a heavy wintery shower just after the start, which kept the scores down but winner Les Turner came in with 38 points.
He was followed by Brian Baker and Terry Brewer.
You may also want to watch:
Separated by only a few points additional prizes went to Bob Lilley, Ray Duffield, Derek Boon, Chris Wash, Eric Gowers, Chris Harrigan, Steve Butler, Roger Hollands and Bob Bailey.
The over 75s prize was won by Ken Fraser and the over 65s was claimed by Joe Hayes.
- 1 Creamfields announces new electronic music festival for Chelmsford, Essex, in 2022
- 2 Former Felsted schoolboy who broke back twice wins Tokyo bronze
- 3 Essex BMX star wins Olympic gold
- 4 Gold filling 'worth about £50' found in Tesco granola squares pack
- 5 Ipswich man charged in connection with Cheshunt rail incident
- 6 Cows rescued after A120 collision
- 7 Uttlesford action against speeding and anti-social behaviour
- 8 Beth Shriever talks Tokyo: 'I'm proof that you can make it'
- 9 Dog whose owner moved away without her is featured on TV
- 10 £7.5 million cash package sought for new A120 business park
Nearest the pin on the eighth hole was Butler and on the second Ian Haynes.
The smartest dressed player was Paul Nicklin and the non-qualifier award went to Bert Careford.
The chairman of Gosfield Lake’s seniors section, Derek Pryke, presented the prizes and thanked everyone for their support during the year.