Last major competition of 2014 held at Gosfield Lake
- Credit: Archant
The Christmas Stableford, the last major competition of 2014, has been held by the veterans section at Gosfield Lake Golf Club.
More than 80 competitors entered and played for the 20 prizes on offer which were subsidised by the club’s veterans section.
Following the golf the members enjoyed a traditional Christmas dinner and the presentation of Christmas hampers and other festive prizes.
The weather was cold and windy with a heavy wintery shower just after the start, which kept the scores down but winner Les Turner came in with 38 points.
He was followed by Brian Baker and Terry Brewer.
You may also want to watch:
Separated by only a few points additional prizes went to Bob Lilley, Ray Duffield, Derek Boon, Chris Wash, Eric Gowers, Chris Harrigan, Steve Butler, Roger Hollands and Bob Bailey.
The over 75s prize was won by Ken Fraser and the over 65s was claimed by Joe Hayes.
- 1 Town council challenges water softening decision
- 2 Lionel the Giant Perch is 'the perfect addition'
- 3 Takeley virtual consultation opens
- 4 Ram-raid gang member absconds from Suffolk jail
- 5 Dunmow tributes to Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh
- 6 Lockdown easing: 'Shop abuse will not be tolerated'
- 7 They're record breakers! Self-test attracts worldwide support
- 8 Dunmow businesses delighted to be back as lockdown eases
- 9 Dogs seized and three arrested following police operation on Braintree Road, Dunmow
- 10 No 11th hour reprieve for Finchingfield homes plan
Nearest the pin on the eighth hole was Butler and on the second Ian Haynes.
The smartest dressed player was Paul Nicklin and the non-qualifier award went to Bert Careford.
The chairman of Gosfield Lake’s seniors section, Derek Pryke, presented the prizes and thanked everyone for their support during the year.