Ladies on the Up
Dunmow Ladies began their last match of the year with plenty of determination, scoring three goals within the first 10 minutes. Emma Hines scored Dunmow s first goal in the second minute from a short corner against Upminster III in Essex League Division 1
Dunmow Ladies began their last match of the year with plenty of determination, scoring three goals within the first 10 minutes.
Emma Hines scored Dunmow's first goal in the second minute from a short corner against Upminster III in Essex League Division 11.
Two minutes later Jemma Smith added a second goal and, with the play consistently in the opponent's half, Posy Rollit-Mason scored their third goal with a first touch strike.
Still keeping the momentum, Dunmow's Charlotte Osborne scored just before the end of the first half to take Dunmow 4-0 up.
You may also want to watch:
Upminster fought back in the second half by scoring three goals. Dunmow's defence, Carly Luckin, Chloe Chatt and Emma Hines and goalie Sally Ann Reynolds, kept the score at 4-3 to Dunmow
Saffron Walden Men's VI 7
- 1 Council agrees to 'complicated' parking charges at Hylands Park
- 2 Rural ramblers efforts for Helen Rollason Cancer Charity
- 3 Universal Credit: Help is still out there, says Essex County Council
- 4 Creamfields Chelmsford 2022 tickets to go on sale this month
- 5 It's pumpkin picking season again at Cammas Hall Farm as Halloween approaches
- 6 Book exchange opens in Dunmow
- 7 Tributes pour in after death of Essex MP Sir David Amess
- 8 Tributes paid to PC Tris Baker who died in Roxwell collision
- 9 Conservative MP David Amess dies after being stabbed in Essex constituency
- 10 Hylands Park's new parking charges will be lowered, says council
Chelmsford VI 1
SAFFRON Walden's men's sixth team completed the first half of the season with a convincing win in East Men's Hockey League Division 9SE.
Initially it had seemed that it would be a much closer match as Chelmsford took the lead and it took some time for the home side to break down the opposition.
However, after 20 minutes Fraser Hill received the ball with only the goalkeeper to beat and neatly slipped the ball past him to follow up his hat-trick the previous week against Wapping.
By half time Saffron Walden had added two more through Ed Wiseman and Gordon Scott to give them a cushion.
As the game wore on, Saffron Walden became increasingly dominant and Wiseman scored twice more to complete his hat- trick with further goals coming from Will Sporle and Tom Dibling.
U13 Southgate Invitation Boys Hockey Tournament
Newport Free Grammar School took four teams down to London to participate in Southgate Hockey Club's invitational tournament.
Newport's A and C teams won their respective pools and then the semi-finals to meet in the final. This proved to be a close contest with neither team being able to break the deadlock, so it went down to a penalty stroke contest.
The A team, led by Andrew Jordan, won by two strokes to one.
Back row: Gordon Scott (coach), Joshua Dutton, Henry Wools, Kieran Chandler, David Anthony and Jamie Elbourn.
Front: Joshua Hooper, Andrew Jordan and Michael Pearce