Keeper scores injury time equaliser for Takeley
- Credit: Archant
Takeley boss Marc Das was delighted goalkeeper Josh Knight grabbed an injury- time equaliser against Enfield 1893, but admitted it was still two points dropped.
The goal handed the Station Road side a point, but leaves them second, three points off Essex Senior League leaders Barking who still have two games in hand.
Of Tuesday’s dramatic late goal Das told the Broadcast: “Josh was ecstatic.
“He scored, ran down the line to the dugout and pounced on me, I managed to shake him off and he was then embedded with players on him.
“It was a good moment as a keeper scoring doesn’t happen often and it was a relief we did eventually score, but we did drop two points.”
The game had seen Takeley trail 1-0 to Ricardo Bailey’s effort for Enfield.
Having hit the bar and post during the match, frustration was growing that the away side had not taken their chances.
- 1 Creamfields South 2023 festival dates announced for Hylands Park
- 2 Grange Farm and Dunmow Runners make the most of the summer sun
- 3 Town's annual meeting: Dr's Pond, RideLondon, parking issues
- 4 Can you complete the Census 2021 map game?
- 5 Aythorpe Roding earn welcome win, seven-up for Dunmow
- 6 KidzFair in Great Dunmow was a huge success for young entrepreneurs
- 7 What I Learnt From My Grandmother in photographs and banners
- 8 Pictures: The Great Dunmow Summer Solstice Sundown Festival
- 9 Ben & Jerry's ice cream sold at Sainsbury's recalled due to health concerns
- 10 Stansted Airport and Cambridge trains disrupted after tree falls on tracks
The game drifted into the 94th minute and Takeley won a free-kick near the half-way line.
With a final throw of the dice, Das urged Knight to the other end of the field to cause a nuisance in the opponent’s box.
The deep free-kick was delivered between the sticks and it dropped for Knight who hit it home left footed.
Next up for Takeley is a trip to Ilford on Saturday.
Das’ side will be looking for revenge as they lost 3-0 to the east London side in the Essex Senior Cup earlier in the season.