Keeper scores injury time equaliser for Takeley
- Credit: Archant
Takeley boss Marc Das was delighted goalkeeper Josh Knight grabbed an injury- time equaliser against Enfield 1893, but admitted it was still two points dropped.
The goal handed the Station Road side a point, but leaves them second, three points off Essex Senior League leaders Barking who still have two games in hand.
Of Tuesday’s dramatic late goal Das told the Broadcast: “Josh was ecstatic.
“He scored, ran down the line to the dugout and pounced on me, I managed to shake him off and he was then embedded with players on him.
“It was a good moment as a keeper scoring doesn’t happen often and it was a relief we did eventually score, but we did drop two points.”
The game had seen Takeley trail 1-0 to Ricardo Bailey’s effort for Enfield.
Having hit the bar and post during the match, frustration was growing that the away side had not taken their chances.
- 1 Plan B measures to be scrapped across England
- 2 Fight breaks out near Great Notley as man reportedly seen with a gun
- 3 Penalty save and late winner moves High Easter up the table
- 4 Essex Young Farmers celebrate Plough Sunday with Thaxted tractor run
- 5 Proposed law which sparked Saffron Walden protests suffers House of Lords defeat
- 6 Sunday's event for the 100 year anniversary of village hall
- 7 Things to do in Essex February 2022
- 8 'We must learn to live with Covid' says health secretary on Plan B's end
- 9 'I'm proud of how far I've come' - Dunmow mum shares her weight loss experience
- 10 Pets' Corner news: Winter Walkies for St Clare
The game drifted into the 94th minute and Takeley won a free-kick near the half-way line.
With a final throw of the dice, Das urged Knight to the other end of the field to cause a nuisance in the opponent’s box.
The deep free-kick was delivered between the sticks and it dropped for Knight who hit it home left footed.
Next up for Takeley is a trip to Ilford on Saturday.
Das’ side will be looking for revenge as they lost 3-0 to the east London side in the Essex Senior Cup earlier in the season.