Keeper injury causes friendly to be cancelled
- Credit: Archant
Takeley keeper Phil Tansley suffered a serious knee injury in Saturday’s friendly with Barkingside which caused the game to be called-off at half-time.
The 29-year-old stand-in stopper dislocated his knee following an awkward fall, an ambulance was called and he was taken to hospital.
Saturday’s Essex Senior League opener with Eton Manor will now be played at Station Road.
The clash was supposed to be played at Eton Manor’s ground, however their pitch is reportedly not ready to be played upon just yet.
The following Saturday (August 16) Takeley turn their attentions to the FA Cup extra preliminary round when they play host to Spartan South Midlands League Premier Division team London Tigers.
You may also want to watch:
The clubs previously met at the Tigers’ ground in the FA Vase in 2009-2010 in what was an exciting match which Tigers won 5-4.
- 1 Dogs seized and three arrested following police operation on Braintree Road, Dunmow
- 2 Two charged in connection with Dunmow burglary
- 3 New Dunmow school approved but safety fears aired
- 4 No 11th hour reprieve for Finchingfield homes plan
- 5 Great Easton pub sells at auction
- 6 More history made by Dunmow Taekwondo's talented students
- 7 'That's more like it' roars Takeley's John Hedges after comfortable win in pro fight number two
- 8 Woman taken to hospital after serious accident between Takeley and Dunmow
- 9 Dragons' Den style competition highlights innovative ideas
- 10 Online Young Musician competition launched by Dunmow Rotarians