Karate: Dunmow Kyokushinkai host BKK English Open
- Credit: Archant
Dunmow Kyokushinkai Karate Club hosted the BKK English Open recent, with over 140 students from all around the country taking part.
And the host club had success of their own, with 12-year-olds Chloe Slocombe and Mae Herd finishing second and third in their category.
Clubmate Emily Beer, 10, was second in her category and the club will be starting a new beginners course on Tuesday June 19, with the first month of training offered free.
Training is held on Tuesday (6-7pm) at the Dunmow Leisure Centre for juniors aged six to 15 and on at the Dance Studio for seniors (8-9.30pm).
Thursday sessions are held at Foakes Hall, Great Dunmow from 6.30-7.30pm for juniors and 7.30-9.30pm for seniors.
You may also want to watch:
Visit dunmowkarate.com or call Shihan Andrew Turner on 07974 094925 for more details.
- 1 Prison sentence extended for man involved in Dunmow attack
- 2 New cycle network consultation announced
- 3 Dunmow Cricket Club at 125 years and launch of Project Pavilion
- 4 Local Elections 2021: Essex County Council results for Uttlesford
- 5 Uttlesford District Council chief executive is stepping down
- 6 Things to do in May: Open Day for Gardens of Easton Lodge
- 7 Is former Love Island star Carl Woods moving to Bardfield?
- 8 Roger Hirst remains in place in Police, Fire and Crime Commissioner elections
- 9 The Stansted couple on an #HDHike for Huntington's disease
- 10 New mayor and deputy mayor appointed for town council