Junior honours won at Dunmow Tennis Club finals
- Credit: Archant
Dunmow Tennis Club held its Annual Junior Finals Day and the standard of play did not disappoint.
There were six finals throughout the day and each match was evenly contested.
In the mini red final, Jack Johnson narrowly defeated Thomas Chapman 12-10, 10-7 to claim his first title at the club in what was a spectacular final.
Johnson then went on to contest the mini orange final, but lost out to Paige Bott 7-2, 7-4.
Bott then completed the double and won the mini green final 5-4, 4-1 against Alex Peirson to claim her third trophy in two years.
You may also want to watch:
The U14 girls’ final was highly entertaining with Emilia Kings coming out on top 5-3, 4-2 against Emma Pass.
The U14 boys’ final saw William Coupe retain the trophy for the third year in a row, beating close friend and doubles partner Krishan Bansal 6-3 in a high quality final.
- 1 Local Elections 2021: Essex County Council results for Uttlesford
- 2 Is former Love Island star Carl Woods moving to Bardfield?
- 3 New mayor and deputy mayor appointed for town council
- 4 Contractor appointed for new enterprise centre
- 5 High Easter claim Division Two title with win over Great Bradfords
- 6 Here's what you can do from May 17 as Covid restrictions ease
- 7 Local elections 2021: UDC ward results for Newport and The Sampfords
- 8 Deadline week for Stansted planners amid latest appeal
- 9 Prime minister to give green light for May 17 Covid-19 lockdown easing
- 10 Dunmow councillors to devise climate action plan
Coupe also made it through to the boys’ U18 final eventually losing to David Guy 6-3 who won his eighth trophy in as many years.
To find out more about Dunmow Tennis Club, contact head coach Ollie Clark via email email@example.com