Junior honours won at Dunmow Tennis Club finals
- Credit: Archant
Dunmow Tennis Club held its Annual Junior Finals Day and the standard of play did not disappoint.
There were six finals throughout the day and each match was evenly contested.
In the mini red final, Jack Johnson narrowly defeated Thomas Chapman 12-10, 10-7 to claim his first title at the club in what was a spectacular final.
Johnson then went on to contest the mini orange final, but lost out to Paige Bott 7-2, 7-4.
Bott then completed the double and won the mini green final 5-4, 4-1 against Alex Peirson to claim her third trophy in two years.
You may also want to watch:
The U14 girls’ final was highly entertaining with Emilia Kings coming out on top 5-3, 4-2 against Emma Pass.
The U14 boys’ final saw William Coupe retain the trophy for the third year in a row, beating close friend and doubles partner Krishan Bansal 6-3 in a high quality final.
- 1 Court sentence for Dunmow knife attacker, guilty of attempted murder
- 2 Chelmsford bypass 'could provide strategic link' to Stansted Airport
- 3 Council agrees to 'complicated' parking charges at Hylands Park
- 4 An afternoon at the Proms for Mountfitchet House residents
- 5 First 'building block' of Harlow town centre major regeneration approved
- 6 Book exchange opens in Dunmow
- 7 Creamfields Chelmsford 2022 tickets to go on sale this month
- 8 Minute silence at council meeting for 'kind-hearted' Uttlesford officer
- 9 Tributes paid to PC Tris Baker who died in Roxwell collision
- 10 Rural ramblers efforts for Helen Rollason Cancer Charity
Coupe also made it through to the boys’ U18 final eventually losing to David Guy 6-3 who won his eighth trophy in as many years.
To find out more about Dunmow Tennis Club, contact head coach Ollie Clark via email firstname.lastname@example.org