Junior honours won at Dunmow Tennis Club finals
- Credit: Archant
Dunmow Tennis Club held its Annual Junior Finals Day and the standard of play did not disappoint.
There were six finals throughout the day and each match was evenly contested.
In the mini red final, Jack Johnson narrowly defeated Thomas Chapman 12-10, 10-7 to claim his first title at the club in what was a spectacular final.
Johnson then went on to contest the mini orange final, but lost out to Paige Bott 7-2, 7-4.
Bott then completed the double and won the mini green final 5-4, 4-1 against Alex Peirson to claim her third trophy in two years.
You may also want to watch:
The U14 girls’ final was highly entertaining with Emilia Kings coming out on top 5-3, 4-2 against Emma Pass.
The U14 boys’ final saw William Coupe retain the trophy for the third year in a row, beating close friend and doubles partner Krishan Bansal 6-3 in a high quality final.
- 1 7 of the prettiest villages in north-west Essex
- 2 Revealed: The progress made so far to create a new business park
- 3 Residents hand water to stranded drivers after fatal M11 crash
- 4 Lamborghini v Ferrari at Petrolheadonism.Club's Supercar Sunday event at The Warren Estate in Essex
- 5 Stebbing on the verge of becoming 'small town', residents fear
- 6 Pets Corner: It's time to get your dog back to training class
- 7 Coronavirus rates in Essex are doubling every 10 days
- 8 This week's paper: Dunmow Broadcast on July 22, 2021
- 9 Hailstones 'the size of golf balls' batter gardens in Essex
- 10 Fun T2 cricket match and BBQ help to celebrate Dunmow's 125th anniversary
Coupe also made it through to the boys’ U18 final eventually losing to David Guy 6-3 who won his eighth trophy in as many years.
To find out more about Dunmow Tennis Club, contact head coach Ollie Clark via email email@example.com