Joy for Grange Farm and Dunmow Runners in cross county league
- Credit: Archant
Grange Farm and Dunmow Runners (GFDR) were out in force on Sunday, with 19 men and 12 women competing in the third race of the Mid-Essex cross country league.
In cold and damp conditions the event, hosted by Springfield Striders at Highwood, took the runners along tracks and paths through woods and around fields.
A magnificent performance by GFDR’s men, with James Bosher, Alistair Brown and Lee Pickering taking the first three places, Dan Reynolds finishing sixth, Steve Read eighth, James Lurkins ninth and Graham Freeman 10th, ensured a win for the team, ahead of rivals Springfield Striders.
Little Baddow Ridge Runners took third place followed by Mid-Essex Casuals and Braintree and District Athletics Club.
With Naomi Moss and Claudine Davie finishing second and third, Kerry Harrington seventh and Charlotte King ninth, GFDR’s women secured a victory over Little Baddow and maintained their position at the top of the league.
You may also want to watch:
Springfield Striders’ women finished third ahead of Mid-Essex Casuals and Braintree.
The next race in the series will be held at Little Baddow on Sunday, February 26.
- 1 Prison sentence extended for man involved in Dunmow attack
- 2 New cycle network consultation announced
- 3 Dunmow Cricket Club at 125 years and launch of Project Pavilion
- 4 Local Elections 2021: Essex County Council results for Uttlesford
- 5 Uttlesford District Council chief executive is stepping down
- 6 Things to do in May: Open Day for Gardens of Easton Lodge
- 7 Roger Hirst remains in place in Police, Fire and Crime Commissioner elections
- 8 Is former Love Island star Carl Woods moving to Bardfield?
- 9 The Stansted couple on an #HDHike for Huntington's disease
- 10 New mayor and deputy mayor appointed for town council