Jets and Falcons fly out of Stansted after their NFL London showdown
- Credit: Stansted Airport
The New York Jets and Atlanta Falcons flew out of Stansted Airport after their NFL London showdown on Sunday (October 10).
After their 20-27 defeat at the Tottenham Hotspur stadium, the Jets left Stansted on board a new Airbus A350-1000 plane, Virgin Atlantic flight 627.
The Falcons left Essex on Virgin Atlantic flight 625.
Earlier in the afternoon, the Falcons claimed an early 10-0 lead against the Jets in the first quarter of their NFL London game.
The Jets began clawing back points in the second and third quarters.
By the end of the fourth quarter, the New Yorkers nudged to within seven points of the Falcons with just 17 seconds of play remaining for a final score of 20-27.
A Stansted Airport spokesperson said: "It’s the first time the airport has handled a Virgin Atlantic A350-1000."
- 1 New Hylands Estate parking charges explained
- 2 Chelmsford bypass 'could provide strategic link' to Stansted Airport
- 3 Valentine's Flitch Ball to take place this February
- 4 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 5 Creamfields Chelmsford 2022 tickets to go on sale this month
- 6 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 7 School receives copies of Grandad's Lost His Glasses
- 8 New solar farm policy 'ducks the main issues', say campaigners
- 9 Katie Price's alleged attacker re-bailed into November, police confirm
- 10 One arrest after harassment complaints in Halstead