Quartet from Infinity Netball Club selected for Essex squad
- Credit: Archant
A netball club from Great Dunmow is celebrating after four of their young stars were selected to represent Essex.
Olivia, Emily, Olivia and Phoebe all play for the U13 Devils team at Infinity Netball Club, the new name for Great Dunmow Junior Netball Club, and the quartet will now represent their county at the Satellite Academy.
Infinity head coach Davina Harrison said: “We’re delighted that all four girls were selected. It just shows that all their hard work has been rewarded.
Chairman Emily Brown added: “These girls are the future of the club and it’s lovely to hear they have been selected. The quality of coaching and the enthusiasm shown by the players despite Covid-19 has seen the club double in size in the last couple of years.”
Infinity are the only junior netball club in Great Dunmow with 120 girls, aged between seven and 16, playing across 11 teams.
You may also want to watch:
They also have five adult teams represented in the Chelmsford and Harlow senior leagues.
For more information visit www.infinitynetball.com
- 1 Secretary of state to consider overturning Finchingfield houses approval
- 2 Covid-19 fast-testing centre opens in Uttlesford for asymptomatic residents
- 3 Villages around Great Dunmow covered in frost and snow
- 4 Uttlesford Covid case rates decline means they are now the lowest in Essex
- 5 Red engraved gem from iron ring is older than was previously thought
- 6 Beavers help with Finchingfield's 'worst flood in 20 years'
- 7 Dozens of illegal fishing nets and traps seized during pandemic
- 8 Church received £31,000 grant for restoration purposes
- 9 New Local Plan: 'Housing and transport should be planned together'
- 10 Former POW camp on council heritage list