ICE HOCKEY: Chieftains storm past Thunder
CHELMSFORD Chieftains kept the pressure on league leaders Romford Raiders with a nine goal drubbing of MK Thunder on Sunday night.
In a routine win for the home side they demolished a hard-working Thunder side, who are battling to stay in ENL1 play-off contention while staving off relegation to the lower league.
Alan Green opened the scoring for the Essex side with a nice goal followed up by Danny Hammond who marked a positive night all round for himself as he also picked up the Karen Bloomfield Memorial Award for being Player of the Month for February.
Tom Avery netted in the second, before Green scored twice to complete a well-taken hat-trick during the second period and going through the 20 goals for the season mark. Hammond then got another for himself, taking him to 37 league goals for the season.
It was a case of damage limitation in the third session for the Thunder who were beginning to tire with the game going into it’s closing stages and it was time to spread the goals for the Chieftains as Jakub Klima, Gary Clarke and Darren Elliott all ran in goals to round out a 9-0 thumping.
You may also want to watch:
On Sunday the Chieftains will be looking to avoid a banana skin as they take on Streatham Redskins at home, KO 6.30pm.
- 1 Town council challenges water softening decision
- 2 Lionel the Giant Perch is 'the perfect addition'
- 3 Takeley virtual consultation opens
- 4 Ram-raid gang member absconds from Suffolk jail
- 5 Dunmow tributes to Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh
- 6 Lockdown easing: 'Shop abuse will not be tolerated'
- 7 They're record breakers! Self-test attracts worldwide support
- 8 Dogs seized and three arrested following police operation on Braintree Road, Dunmow
- 9 Dunmow businesses delighted to be back as lockdown eases
- 10 Doorbell crimes in Thaxted see one ‘ripped off’ before suspect flees