Hopkins Open Tournament delight for Brown and Ward
- Credit: Archant
Dunmow Tennis Club hosted the Hopkins Open Tournament last Sunday.
Both Dunmow and Stebbing Tennis Club were represented with a total of 13 mixed double pairs.
It was a perfect summer’s day with excellent tennis played throughout.
With the pairs split into two mini leagues on both courts, the winners of each league, Ollie
Clark alongside Laura Baxter and Charlie Brown with Emily Ward, met for a nail biting final umpired by chairman Mark Jones.
You may also want to watch:
A large number of spectators watched on as Brown and Ward narrowly beat Clark and Baxter thereby keeping the Hopkins trophy for the third consecutive year.
- 1 Pets Corner: It's time to get your dog back to training class
- 2 Chelmsford beer festival cancelled for 2021 by Covid concerns
- 3 Revealed: The progress made so far to create a new business park
- 4 Braintree council installs further electric vehicle charging points
- 5 Revealed: almost 300 possible new development sites are submitted
- 6 7 of the prettiest villages in north-west Essex
- 7 Lamborghini v Ferrari at Petrolheadonism.Club's Supercar Sunday event at The Warren Estate in Essex
- 8 Dunmow mayor sets out summer programme set to unite community
- 9 In pictures: Uttlesford pupils' fun before the summer holidays
- 10 Stebbing on the verge of becoming 'small town', residents fear