Hopkins Open Tournament delight for Brown and Ward
- Credit: Archant
Dunmow Tennis Club hosted the Hopkins Open Tournament last Sunday.
Both Dunmow and Stebbing Tennis Club were represented with a total of 13 mixed double pairs.
It was a perfect summer’s day with excellent tennis played throughout.
With the pairs split into two mini leagues on both courts, the winners of each league, Ollie
Clark alongside Laura Baxter and Charlie Brown with Emily Ward, met for a nail biting final umpired by chairman Mark Jones.
A large number of spectators watched on as Brown and Ward narrowly beat Clark and Baxter thereby keeping the Hopkins trophy for the third consecutive year.
- 1 Festive season begins at Great Dunmow's Christmas Market
- 2 30 new homes proposed for Hatfield Broad Oak
- 3 Thaxted community in shock after fatal house fire
- 4 Katie Price alleged assault: Suspect 'released under investigation'
- 5 Calvin Harris, David Guetta and Fatboy Slim announced for Creamfields South Chelmsford 2022 line-up
- 6 All under 40s to be offered Covid booster jab
- 7 Villagers rally behind Elsenham Christmas Market
- 8 Christmas festivities kick off in Great Dunmow
- 9 Stansted Airport calls for residents' views on solar transformation plan
- 10 Man in hospital after Chelmsford Road collision