Hopkins Open Tournament delight for Brown and Ward
- Credit: Archant
Dunmow Tennis Club hosted the Hopkins Open Tournament last Sunday.
Both Dunmow and Stebbing Tennis Club were represented with a total of 13 mixed double pairs.
It was a perfect summer’s day with excellent tennis played throughout.
With the pairs split into two mini leagues on both courts, the winners of each league, Ollie
Clark alongside Laura Baxter and Charlie Brown with Emily Ward, met for a nail biting final umpired by chairman Mark Jones.
You may also want to watch:
A large number of spectators watched on as Brown and Ward narrowly beat Clark and Baxter thereby keeping the Hopkins trophy for the third consecutive year.
- 1 Prison sentence extended for man involved in Dunmow attack
- 2 Local Elections 2021: Essex County Council results for Uttlesford
- 3 Dunmow Cricket Club at 125 years and launch of Project Pavilion
- 4 Is former Love Island star Carl Woods moving to Bardfield?
- 5 New mayor and deputy mayor appointed for town council
- 6 Ageing trains mended using recycled parts for final years of service
- 7 New chief executive for ambulance service
- 8 Roger Hirst remains in place in Police, Fire and Crime Commissioner elections
- 9 Dunmow councillors to devise climate action plan
- 10 Prime minister to give green light for May 17 Covid-19 lockdown easing