Home comforts for Grange Farm and Dunmow Runners in triathlon
- Credit: Archant
Plenty of Grange Farm and Dunmow Runners (GFDR) were in action on home soil after taking part in the Dunmow Triathlon.
The event comprised a 300m swim at the Dunmow Leisure Centre, a 23km cycle ride through Thaxted, Tillty and Little Easton before finishing with a 5km run through Little Easton.
Nick Perry was the fastest for GFDR, coming home in one hour 21 minutes and 44 seconds and behind him was Chris and Pru Hayhow who finished in 1:22:31 and 1:29:32, respectively.
They were followed by Lee Prowse (1:34:30), James Hawkes (1:34:40), Angela Thorpe (1:38:12), Henrietta Butcher (1:41:49), Jackie Adams (1:56:13) and Richard Percy (2:08:14).
In the team category, Kath Birks completed the swim in nine minutes six seconds, Steve Bastick the cycling in 48:21 and Kerry Harrington the run in 22:59.
You may also want to watch:
It give the trio a total time of 1:21:55, including transition times.
Elsewhere, James Bosher was in record-breaking form in the Berlin Marathon on Sunday.
- 1 Two charged in connection with Dunmow burglary
- 2 Dogs seized and three arrested following police operation on Braintree Road, Dunmow
- 3 New Dunmow school approved but safety fears aired
- 4 No 11th hour reprieve for Finchingfield homes plan
- 5 Great Easton pub sells at auction
- 6 More history made by Dunmow Taekwondo's talented students
- 7 'That's more like it' roars Takeley's John Hedges after comfortable win in pro fight number two
- 8 Woman taken to hospital after serious accident between Takeley and Dunmow
- 9 Residents urged to have their say in housing consultation
- 10 Laptops and jewellery stolen during Dunmow burglary
He finished in 2:47:03, beating his previous personal best time by more than 10 minutes and setting a GFDR club record in the process.
Meanwhile in Scotland, Gillian Robertson completed the Loch Ness Marathon in 4:18:59 while Mark Smith finished the course in 4:58:05.
GFDR will be holding a 10 mile road race at Stebbing on November 13.
Details on the club’s website.