Hockey: Boys and girls from Felsted Prep go unbeaten
NOT one goal was conceded by either the boys’ or the girls’ Under-11 hockey teams from Felsted Preparatory School on their road to victory in the Essex Schools Tournament.
The round-robin competition, held at held at Redbridge Sports Centre, Barkingside, Essex, on Wednesday March 9, pitted area Under-11 teams against each other.
The Felsted Preparatory School boys beat six schools to take the trophy.
“This is a tremendous achievement,” said Felsted Preparatory boys’ hockey coach Tim Robertson. “The boys played with a very good shape and our opponents found it difficult to defend against the continuity of our passing.”
Meanwhile, the girls won all five of their matches and impressed their coach, Chris Lee, with their intelligent play on the court.
“The girls passed the ball with skill to create scoring opportunities, rather than holding the ball too long, which can often happen at this age,” she said.
- 1 Bardfield cottage transformed into scrumptious-looking gingerbread house for Christmas
- 2 Olympic gold medallist Beth Shriever switches on Finchingfield's Christmas tree lights
- 3 Parishes join forces to oppose 'unsustainable' housing idea near Hatfield Heath
- 4 First Sunday in December marked with Live Nativity in Great Dunmow
- 5 Items from Lidl and Sainsbury's recalled over health and safety concerns
- 6 Essex buildings are lit up in green for awareness campaign
- 7 Man arrested on suspicion of terrorism offences at Stansted Airport
- 8 Uttlesford elects its first female leader in council's 47-year history
- 9 'Massive' headliners set to be announced for Creamfields South Chelmsford 2022 line-up
- 10 Here are the new Covid travel rules which begin today