Hockey: Blue Hornets crowned east regional champions
BLUE Hornets boys team kept their winning streak going to become east regional champions for the second year running.
The team – the youth section of Phoenix Hockey Club - topped their qualifying group beating Peterborough (3-0), Ipswich (1-0), and Pelicans (2-0).
They then needed to play Old Loughtonians again and managed a tremendous 4-0 thumping, doubling their score from the result achieved at the County Finals.
They then went on to play Hertford in the final. Although they drew 2-2, Hornets had the better goal difference from their qualifying group, so were crowned regional champions.
Top goal scorer was Henry Dean (six), Kieron Roach (four) and seven-year-old Walter Forsey (two).
You may also want to watch:
“It was definitely a team effort though – all boys played superbly,” said a club spokesman. “It was a fantastic result and one well deserved for all the boys and coaches Nick Bruce-Smith and Ed Surguy.”
- 1 New cycle network consultation announced
- 2 Dunmow and Stansted councillors not in new Essex County Council cabinet
- 3 Outgoing mayor reflects on 'a Covid year' in office as he steps down
- 4 Prison sentence extended for man involved in Dunmow attack
- 5 Uttlesford District Council chief executive is stepping down
- 6 Local Elections 2021: Essex County Council results for Uttlesford
- 7 Lockdown eases: new mayor and new Priest join drive-in concert
- 8 Uttlesford's shops still suffer from low footfall, Google data shows
- 9 Is former Love Island star Carl Woods moving to Bardfield?
- 10 The Stansted couple on an #HDHike for Huntington's disease