Hockey: Blue Hornets crowned east regional champions
BLUE Hornets boys team kept their winning streak going to become east regional champions for the second year running.
The team – the youth section of Phoenix Hockey Club - topped their qualifying group beating Peterborough (3-0), Ipswich (1-0), and Pelicans (2-0).
They then needed to play Old Loughtonians again and managed a tremendous 4-0 thumping, doubling their score from the result achieved at the County Finals.
They then went on to play Hertford in the final. Although they drew 2-2, Hornets had the better goal difference from their qualifying group, so were crowned regional champions.
Top goal scorer was Henry Dean (six), Kieron Roach (four) and seven-year-old Walter Forsey (two).
You may also want to watch:
“It was definitely a team effort though – all boys played superbly,” said a club spokesman. “It was a fantastic result and one well deserved for all the boys and coaches Nick Bruce-Smith and Ed Surguy.”
- 1 Pets Corner: It's time to get your dog back to training class
- 2 Revealed: almost 300 possible new development sites are submitted
- 3 Chelmsford beer festival cancelled for 2021 by Covid concerns
- 4 Revealed: The progress made so far to create a new business park
- 5 7 of the prettiest villages in north-west Essex
- 6 Lamborghini v Ferrari at Petrolheadonism.Club's Supercar Sunday event at The Warren Estate in Essex
- 7 Braintree council installs further electric vehicle charging points
- 8 Dunmow mayor sets out summer programme set to unite community
- 9 Residents hand water to stranded drivers after fatal M11 crash
- 10 Stebbing on the verge of becoming 'small town', residents fear