Cricket: High Roding under-11s lift West Essex Cup
- Credit: Archant
High Roding under-11s were celebrating after beating Saffron Walden in the final of the West Essex Cup.
Put into bat after losing the toss, they saw openers Finn Brown and Ben Bushell score quickly with hard hitting and great running.
Bushell reached his maiden half-century and was retired on 56, while Brown batted for most of the innings for a career best 43.
Oscar Walker (26) also chipped in as High Roding reached 174-2 from their 20 overs, which proved well beyond Walden.
Bertie Warnes, James Schilder and Suki Shrager took two wickets each, with Ethan Collier also having success as Walden closed on 86-8 and High Roding lifted the silverware.
You may also want to watch:
High Roding: AJ Skinner, Suki Shrager, Ben Bushell, James Schilder, Archie Thorogood, Ethan Collier, Rocco Jones, Finn Brown, Oscar Walker, Ben Myers, Bertie Warnes.
- 1 Survey reveals Uttlesford fears of fourth national Covid lockdown
- 2 Care at home: what is it, and how can it help?
- 3 Dunmow's Flitch and Chips named as one of the UK's 10 best
- 4 More work needed ahead of holiday easing, Stansted says
- 5 Stansted author to release second novel
- 6 Super six for High Easter as they turn on the style against Coggeshall Town youngsters
- 7 Bar staff smash £1,000 target in charity challenge
- 8 Things to do on the May Bank Holiday weekend: Essex gardens are open
- 9 Take away Covid self tests from Thaxted library
- 10 Town council challenges water softening decision