Cricket: High Roding under-11s lift West Essex Cup
- Credit: Archant
High Roding under-11s were celebrating after beating Saffron Walden in the final of the West Essex Cup.
Put into bat after losing the toss, they saw openers Finn Brown and Ben Bushell score quickly with hard hitting and great running.
Bushell reached his maiden half-century and was retired on 56, while Brown batted for most of the innings for a career best 43.
Oscar Walker (26) also chipped in as High Roding reached 174-2 from their 20 overs, which proved well beyond Walden.
Bertie Warnes, James Schilder and Suki Shrager took two wickets each, with Ethan Collier also having success as Walden closed on 86-8 and High Roding lifted the silverware.
You may also want to watch:
High Roding: AJ Skinner, Suki Shrager, Ben Bushell, James Schilder, Archie Thorogood, Ethan Collier, Rocco Jones, Finn Brown, Oscar Walker, Ben Myers, Bertie Warnes.
- 1 Uttlesford faces 'house building assault', says leader
- 2 Garden restoration project joy after public appeal help
- 3 Gold filling 'worth about £50' found in Tesco granola squares pack
- 4 Incredible undefeated season at first time of asking for Dunmow Rovers U7 Tigers
- 5 In pictures: Post box knitting celebrates Tokyo 2020 Olympics and Tom Daley
- 6 Shooting star: Coward-Holley's road to Tokyo 2020
- 7 EA Festival debut: New festival quenches region's 'thirst for culture'
- 8 Beth Shriever talks Tokyo: 'I'm proof that you can make it'
- 9 Revealed: UDC considers almost 300 possible new development sites
- 10 Creamfields announces new electronic music festival for Chelmsford, Essex, in 2022