Cricket: High Roding under-11s lift West Essex Cup
- Credit: Archant
High Roding under-11s were celebrating after beating Saffron Walden in the final of the West Essex Cup.
Put into bat after losing the toss, they saw openers Finn Brown and Ben Bushell score quickly with hard hitting and great running.
Bushell reached his maiden half-century and was retired on 56, while Brown batted for most of the innings for a career best 43.
Oscar Walker (26) also chipped in as High Roding reached 174-2 from their 20 overs, which proved well beyond Walden.
Bertie Warnes, James Schilder and Suki Shrager took two wickets each, with Ethan Collier also having success as Walden closed on 86-8 and High Roding lifted the silverware.
You may also want to watch:
High Roding: AJ Skinner, Suki Shrager, Ben Bushell, James Schilder, Archie Thorogood, Ethan Collier, Rocco Jones, Finn Brown, Oscar Walker, Ben Myers, Bertie Warnes.
- 1 Katie Price's alleged attacker re-bailed into November, police confirm
- 2 Fond farewell to Sweetland's butchers after 69 years in the trade
- 3 Revealed: why some Uttlesford car park machines no longer take cash
- 4 Wethersfield to house nearly 3,500 prisoners in government plan
- 5 Creamfields Chelmsford 2022 tickets to go on sale this month
- 6 Scouts jamboree fun covers radio skills to Morse Code
- 7 Emergency funding for Essex care homes amid 'acute' staff shortages
- 8 Full house success: Great Dunmow's Last Night of the Proms
- 9 Hylands Park's new parking charges will be lowered, says council
- 10 Chelmsford bypass 'could provide strategic link' to Stansted Airport