High Roding firsts slump, but seconds are promoted
It was a mixed weekend for High Roding CC at the weekend with the first team losing and the seconds gaining promotion. The first team s championship hopes in the Mid-Essex Cricket League Premier Division were all but ended at Pegasus and Corringham on Sa
It was a mixed weekend for High Roding CC at the weekend with the first team losing and the seconds gaining promotion.
The first team's championship hopes in the Mid-Essex Cricket League Premier Division were all but ended at Pegasus and Corringham on Saturday.
Roding could only manage 138-9, a total that Pegasus and Corringham passed with the loss of six wickets.
It was a very different story at The Meadow where the seconds defeated Stansted in the Herts & Essex League Division Three.
You may also want to watch:
Baz Sewell won the toss and put Stansted in to bat. This had immediate effect as Mark Townsend knocked over the stumps of one of the Stansted openers with the fourth ball of his first over.
Wickets began to tumble and it looked as if it was going to be very much of a no contest. Stansted did however rally and eventually posted a total of 152 all out.
- 1 Contractor appointed for new enterprise centre
- 2 Dunmow Cricket Club announces new sponsor
- 3 Garden of remembrance opens, part funded by Captain Sir Tom Moore fund
- 4 Here's what you can do from May 17 as Covid restrictions ease
- 5 Deadline week for Stansted planners amid latest appeal
- 6 Dunmow sign writer's traditional skills are a hit
- 7 Stick to the paths while bluebells bloom, says Essex Wildlife Trust
- 8 Standing for election for a seat on Essex County Council on May 6, 2021
- 9 Numbers seeking support double - can you help Uttlesford foodbank?
- 10 Prisoner of war camp a 'huge part' of Essex's history
Matt Hammond opened for Roding and went on to score
64. He was ably assisted by Ben Tadman who also passed the 50 mark.
Roding arrived at the winning total with the loss of only two wickets, and underlined their successful campaign this season returning to division two.
The firsts host Bentley on Saturday, while the seconds visit Woodford Wells IV.