High Roding firsts slump, but seconds are promoted
It was a mixed weekend for High Roding CC at the weekend with the first team losing and the seconds gaining promotion. The first team s championship hopes in the Mid-Essex Cricket League Premier Division were all but ended at Pegasus and Corringham on Sa
It was a mixed weekend for High Roding CC at the weekend with the first team losing and the seconds gaining promotion.
The first team's championship hopes in the Mid-Essex Cricket League Premier Division were all but ended at Pegasus and Corringham on Saturday.
Roding could only manage 138-9, a total that Pegasus and Corringham passed with the loss of six wickets.
It was a very different story at The Meadow where the seconds defeated Stansted in the Herts & Essex League Division Three.
Baz Sewell won the toss and put Stansted in to bat. This had immediate effect as Mark Townsend knocked over the stumps of one of the Stansted openers with the fourth ball of his first over.
Wickets began to tumble and it looked as if it was going to be very much of a no contest. Stansted did however rally and eventually posted a total of 152 all out.
- 1 Great Dunmow and High Easter take centre stage as Women's Tour of Britain hits town
- 2 New Mayors and deputies in Saffron Walden and Great Dunmow
- 3 A giant snail, sporting success and other school news
- 4 Met Office weather: Yellow storm and flood warning for East of England
- 5 Voting together: Lib Dems and Greens join forces
- 6 High Easter hit magnificent seven after second-half goal blitz
- 7 Silent auction, live music, collection: Ukraine support
- 8 Hannah Mortier returns to boxing to raise awareness of the fight against domestic violence
- 9 243 Takeley homes granted outline approval despite concerns
- 10 Man dies at the scene of A120 'incident'
Matt Hammond opened for Roding and went on to score
64. He was ably assisted by Ben Tadman who also passed the 50 mark.
Roding arrived at the winning total with the loss of only two wickets, and underlined their successful campaign this season returning to division two.
The firsts host Bentley on Saturday, while the seconds visit Woodford Wells IV.