High Roding drop into the bottom two
- Credit: Getty Images/BananaStock RF
High Roding sit second bottom of the T Rippon Mid Essex League Premier Division after five games.
On Saturday they fell to defeat away at Bentley.
Batting first, the hosts were able to build on a comfortable platform to accelerate in the second half of their innings to finish on 307-7.
The standout performance was by P Coleman who scored 130 with support from S Coleman with 55.
Rory Burns was the pick of the Roding’s bowlers with 2-38.
You may also want to watch:
Bentley then bowled with discipline to reduce Roding to 40-7, but Rory Burns made 31 and Angus Burns 39 not out to help push Roding forward.
Angus Burns was joined at the wicket by Simon Sargent who finished unbeatne on 70.
- 1 There's a rainbow in the woods outside Thaxted
- 2 Grange Farm & Dunmow Runners delighted to be back at actual races
- 3 Standing for election for a seat on Essex County Council on May 6, 2021
- 4 Delight at repairs grant which will also support specialist building trade
- 5 Pay It Forward brings joy to Dunmow community
- 6 Survey reveals Uttlesford fears of fourth national Covid lockdown
- 7 Maisie the schnoodle returns to care home after year of 'fur'-lough
- 8 Dunmow's Flitch and Chips named as one of the UK's 10 best
- 9 Join Pam on sponsored 'walkies' for Guide Dogs
- 10 Dunmow businesses delighted to be back as lockdown eases
Roding could not finish near the Bentley total and at stumps were 186-6.
S Flack 4-35 and M Coleman were the Bentley bowlers who did the damage to leave Roding in the bottom two of the league.
The second XI fared much better with a two-wicket win against Roding Valley.
Valley were all out for 212 in the 42nd over and Roding passed the total in the 40th over on 215-8.
Tom Shrager hit 53, John Brodie 32 and Archie Wheen made 61 to secure his first senior half centruy.
This Saturday the 1sts host Goresbrook and the 2nds travel to Theydon Bois.