High hopes for Alex Lynn at Silverstone following Goodwood Festival of Speed
- Credit: Archant
Alex Lynn is looking for a top three finish in the GP2 Series at Silverstone this weekend having spent last Saturday and Sunday at the Goodwood Festival of Speed.
The 21-year-old Dunmow racing star was a guest driver in West Sussex and got behind the wheel of the Williams FW13B which Belgian Thierry Boutsen guided to second place in the 1990 British F1 Grand Prix.
“It was such an amazing experience to drive the Williams FW13B up the hill,” said Lynn, who won the GP3 title last season before progressing to GP2 this year.
“To be amongst so many successful drivers and riders throughout the Festival was a real honour,” he said.
The Red Arrows were one of the highlights at the Festival of Speed, but Lynn has vowed his head is not in the clouds following his festival exploits.
“Goodwood was incredible, but I’m now fully focussed on putting in a good performance on home turf at Silverstone this weekend,” he said.
Lynn has two podium finishes behind him so far this season, including a third place last time out and he aims to repeat the feat.
- 1 Festive season begins at Great Dunmow's Christmas Market
- 2 30 new homes proposed for Hatfield Broad Oak
- 3 Thaxted community in shock after fatal house fire
- 4 Katie Price alleged assault: Suspect 'released under investigation'
- 5 Calvin Harris, David Guetta and Fatboy Slim announced for Creamfields South Chelmsford 2022 line-up
- 6 All under 40s to be offered Covid booster jab
- 7 Christmas festivities kick off in Great Dunmow
- 8 Villagers rally behind Elsenham Christmas Market
- 9 Man in hospital after Chelmsford Road collision
- 10 Stansted Airport calls for residents' views on solar transformation plan
He added: “Being on the podium at the last round in Austria was really special and I hope I can do the same in front of the British fans this weekend.”