High hopes for Alex Lynn at Silverstone following Goodwood Festival of Speed
- Credit: Archant
Alex Lynn is looking for a top three finish in the GP2 Series at Silverstone this weekend having spent last Saturday and Sunday at the Goodwood Festival of Speed.
The 21-year-old Dunmow racing star was a guest driver in West Sussex and got behind the wheel of the Williams FW13B which Belgian Thierry Boutsen guided to second place in the 1990 British F1 Grand Prix.
“It was such an amazing experience to drive the Williams FW13B up the hill,” said Lynn, who won the GP3 title last season before progressing to GP2 this year.
“To be amongst so many successful drivers and riders throughout the Festival was a real honour,” he said.
The Red Arrows were one of the highlights at the Festival of Speed, but Lynn has vowed his head is not in the clouds following his festival exploits.
You may also want to watch:
“Goodwood was incredible, but I’m now fully focussed on putting in a good performance on home turf at Silverstone this weekend,” he said.
Lynn has two podium finishes behind him so far this season, including a third place last time out and he aims to repeat the feat.
- 1 Pets Corner: It's time to get your dog back to training class
- 2 Chelmsford beer festival cancelled for 2021 by Covid concerns
- 3 Revealed: The progress made so far to create a new business park
- 4 Braintree council installs further electric vehicle charging points
- 5 Revealed: almost 300 possible new development sites are submitted
- 6 7 of the prettiest villages in north-west Essex
- 7 Dunmow mayor sets out summer programme set to unite community
- 8 Lamborghini v Ferrari at Petrolheadonism.Club's Supercar Sunday event at The Warren Estate in Essex
- 9 In pictures: Uttlesford pupils' fun before the summer holidays
- 10 Stebbing on the verge of becoming 'small town', residents fear
He added: “Being on the podium at the last round in Austria was really special and I hope I can do the same in front of the British fans this weekend.”