Good form continues as High Easter go second
- Credit: Archant
High Easter continued their good form in Division Two of the Braintree & North Essex Sunday League with a 3-0 win over Bradwell Rovers 3-0 putting them second in the table.
Rovers had an early chance with the ball flashing over the crossbar but Kennie Irving also went close for Easter, hitting the post.
Goalkeeper Lewis Jones also pulled off a good save before High Easter got the breakthrough with a superb free-kick from Harry French finding the top corner.
Moments later it was 2-0 with Iring and Brad Clayden involved in a fine team goal rounded off by Christian Roles.
The third arrived in the second half.
You may also want to watch:
The arrival of Jack Shaw had caused Bradwell problems straight away. He had already hit the bar before he latched on to a Sam Hockley pass to whip the ball past keeper Dale Hughes.
High Easter entertain Great Bardfield on Sunday in a 10.30am kick-off.
- 1 Secretary of state to consider overturning Finchingfield houses approval
- 2 Covid-19 fast-testing centre opens in Uttlesford for asymptomatic residents
- 3 Villages around Great Dunmow covered in frost and snow
- 4 Uttlesford Covid case rates decline means they are now the lowest in Essex
- 5 Red engraved gem from iron ring is older than was previously thought
- 6 Beavers help with Finchingfield's 'worst flood in 20 years'
- 7 Dozens of illegal fishing nets and traps seized during pandemic
- 8 Church received £31,000 grant for restoration purposes
- 9 New Local Plan: 'Housing and transport should be planned together'
- 10 Former POW camp on council heritage list