Great Dunmow win Key Steps gymnastics competition
- Credit: Archant
GREAT Dunmow Primary School hosted a Key Steps gymnastics competition, with teams made of children from a number of year groups.
The school entered two Year 3-4 teams and two Year 1-2 teams, which meant that some of the youngest competitors were barely six-years-old.
A school spokesman said: “The competition is aimed at novice gymnasts, to give them an opportunity to compete against each other.
“All teams performed excellently, especially as this was their first taste of competition, and the teams have only been rehearsing together since the beginning of the term.
“The competition was closely fought, but in the end, both Key Stage 1 ‘A’ and Keystage 2 ‘A’ teams won their competition.”
You may also want to watch:
The two teams will go on to represent the school at county level later this month.
- 1 Dunmow and Stansted councillors not in new Essex County Council cabinet
- 2 TSB closes Dunmow branch
- 3 New cycle network consultation announced
- 4 Lockdown eases: new mayor and new Priest join drive-in concert
- 5 New on-call firefighters have joined stations
- 6 Prison sentence extended for man involved in Dunmow attack
- 7 New Dunmow and Barnston vicar thanks community for their warm welcome
- 8 Local Elections 2021: Essex County Council results for Uttlesford
- 9 Uttlesford's shops still suffer from low footfall, Google data shows
- 10 Outgoing mayor reflects on 'a Covid year' in office as he steps down