Great Dunmow win Key Steps gymnastics competition
- Credit: Archant
GREAT Dunmow Primary School hosted a Key Steps gymnastics competition, with teams made of children from a number of year groups.
The school entered two Year 3-4 teams and two Year 1-2 teams, which meant that some of the youngest competitors were barely six-years-old.
A school spokesman said: “The competition is aimed at novice gymnasts, to give them an opportunity to compete against each other.
“All teams performed excellently, especially as this was their first taste of competition, and the teams have only been rehearsing together since the beginning of the term.
“The competition was closely fought, but in the end, both Key Stage 1 ‘A’ and Keystage 2 ‘A’ teams won their competition.”
You may also want to watch:
The two teams will go on to represent the school at county level later this month.
- 1 Pedestrian dies following Dunmow collision
- 2 Katie Price alleged assault: 32-year-old man re-bailed
- 3 County councillor: Roads and drains progress being made in the Dunmow area
- 4 Raynes Boxing Club duo delighted to return to amateur competition
- 5 Picture gallery: Spot yourself at Finchingfield 2021 three-legged race
- 6 Interest in women and girls cricket rises following anniversary event
- 7 Man admits to causing death by dangerous driving after B184 collision
- 8 Felsted collision: Motorcyclist seriously injured
- 9 Blue-green algae proves fatal for Doctor's Pond fish
- 10 M11 targeted in week of motorway protests