Great Dunmow school’s shooting club is voted best in the country
- Credit: Archant
A school in Great Dunmow has been voted the best in the country by a national sporting association.
The Helena Romanes School, in Parsonage Downs, was named School of The Year by the Clay Pigeon Shooting Association after members across the country voted for them.
The school’s shooting club was set up just three years ago, but has won the national schools under-15 championship twice, trained with world champions and England shots as well as appearing in national press.
Teacher and clay club organiser Neal Wilcox said: “It is fantastic recognition of the hard with the students, parents and sponsors have put in. It also repays the belief the school invested in the idea of a shooting club at HRS.
“Our students have competed at a national level and are the best.”
You may also want to watch:
Mr Wilcox attended the awards dinner in Berkshire where HRS beat a private school which has its own £30,000 shooting ground for the best school title.
- 1 Katie Price's alleged attacker re-bailed into November, police confirm
- 2 Fond farewell to Sweetland's butchers after 69 years in the trade
- 3 Scouts jamboree fun covers radio skills to Morse Code
- 4 5 of the best wedding venues in Essex
- 5 Mayor's column: Dunmow changes, the Civic Service and talent in the town
- 6 Court sentence for Dunmow knife attacker, guilty of attempted murder
- 7 Wethersfield to house nearly 3,500 prisoners in government plan
- 8 Takeley pupils present harvest collection to Bishop's Stortford foodbank
- 9 Chelmsford bypass 'could provide strategic link' to Stansted Airport
- 10 Creamfields Chelmsford 2022 tickets to go on sale this month