Great Dunmow’s Trayler joins Morello Racing for Superstock 1000 campaign
- Credit: Jon Jessop photography
The Morello Racing Kawasaki team has announced the signing of Great Dunmow rider Jesse Trayler who will contest the 2014 Pirelli National Superstock 1000 Championship.
The 22-year-old joins the team which will also run Peter Baker in the MCE Insurance British Superbike Championship for the forthcoming season.
Trayler will return to Kawasaki power on board a ZX-10R after making his debut for Steve Buckenham’s squad at the end of 2013, qualifying an impressive sixth and finishing 11th in a one-off appearance in the Pirelli National Superstock 1000 race at Donington Park in September.
Following a four-day test at Almeria in Spain earlier this year, he is feeling quietly confident about the season ahead.
Trayler said: “I’m really happy to be signed up ready for the start of the 2014 season with the Morello Racing Kawasaki team. I’d like to thank Steve Buckenham for giving me this opportunity and I’m delighted to be back on a competitive bike which will give me a real shot at the championship.
You may also want to watch:
“We had a four day test in Spain in January which was really good and we’ve made a few more changes and preparations as a result of what we learnt at the test so I’m looking forward to the season ahead. We want to be up at the sharp end this year and I believe we can be. I’m fully aware of how competitive the Superstock 1000 championship is, but I am quietly confident that we can run at the front and chase for podiums.”
Buckenham added: “When I first met Jesse I was impressed by his talent and his attitude and I’m thrilled to have him on board with the team for 2014. In the run-up to the start of the season we have taken him everywhere with the Superbike team to give him the best start we can, and I am confident he can deliver.
- 1 New cycle network consultation announced
- 2 Uttlesford District Council chief executive is stepping down
- 3 Prison sentence extended for man involved in Dunmow attack
- 4 Dunmow Cricket Club at 125 years and launch of Project Pavilion
- 5 The Stansted couple on an #HDHike for Huntington's disease
- 6 Local Elections 2021: Essex County Council results for Uttlesford
- 7 Things to do in May: Open Day for Gardens of Easton Lodge
- 8 Outgoing mayor reflects on 'a Covid year' in office as he steps down
- 9 Is former Love Island star Carl Woods moving to Bardfield?
- 10 Lockdown eases: new mayor and new Priest join drive-in concert
“I think Jesse is a talented young rider and I’m looking forward to helping him get back up to the front where he deserves to be.”
The countdown is on to the start of the 2014 MCE Insurance British Superbike Championship at Brands Hatch over Easter weekend (April 18-21). Advance tickets can be purchased at brandshatch.co.uk or by calling 0843 453 9000