Grange Farm men make progress in Mid-Essex Cross Country League
- Credit: Archant
Grange Farm and Dunmow Runners men’s team achieved their highest position of the Mid-Essex Cross Country League season.
The penultimate race of the season was hosted by Braintree and District Athletic Club, on Sunday.
The event took 154 runners, from six local clubs, on a slippery five-mile route through Great Notley Country Park.
Grange Farm was represented by 14 men and seven women; the first seven men and four women scoring team points.
Fastest for the men was Steve Read, in sixth position, followed by Paul McKenna, Jason Wintin, Dan Reynolds, David Spencer, Ashwin Shah and Ian Baines.
For the women, team points were scored by Jane Smith, Hayley Smith, Gillian Robertson and Tara Corbett.
GFDR’s men finished third behind Leigh-on-Sea Striders and Springfield Striders.
- 1 New Mayors and deputies in Saffron Walden and Great Dunmow
- 2 A giant snail, sporting success and other school news
- 3 Voting together: Lib Dems and Greens join forces
- 4 Silent auction, live music, collection: Ukraine support
- 5 How the proposed energy price cap changes could affect your bills
- 6 Man dies at the scene of A120 'incident'
- 7 Jailed: 'Selfish' 135mph driver spotted speeding on M11 near Woodford
- 8 243 Takeley homes granted outline approval despite concerns
- 9 Hannah Mortier returns to boxing to raise awareness of the fight against domestic violence
- 10 How to celebrate the Queen's Platinum Jubilee in Essex
Leigh-on-Sea also won the women’s event, ahead of Braintree, Springfield Striders, GFDR, Little Baddow Ridge Runners and Mid-Essex Casuals.
The final race in the series will be held at Little Baddow on February 16.