Grange Farm men make progress in Mid-Essex Cross Country League
- Credit: Archant
Grange Farm and Dunmow Runners men’s team achieved their highest position of the Mid-Essex Cross Country League season.
The penultimate race of the season was hosted by Braintree and District Athletic Club, on Sunday.
The event took 154 runners, from six local clubs, on a slippery five-mile route through Great Notley Country Park.
Grange Farm was represented by 14 men and seven women; the first seven men and four women scoring team points.
Fastest for the men was Steve Read, in sixth position, followed by Paul McKenna, Jason Wintin, Dan Reynolds, David Spencer, Ashwin Shah and Ian Baines.
You may also want to watch:
For the women, team points were scored by Jane Smith, Hayley Smith, Gillian Robertson and Tara Corbett.
GFDR’s men finished third behind Leigh-on-Sea Striders and Springfield Striders.
- 1 Dunmow and Stansted councillors not in new Essex County Council cabinet
- 2 New Dunmow and Barnston vicar thanks community for their warm welcome
- 3 Man sentenced after admitting two charges of sexual assault
- 4 TSB closes Dunmow branch
- 5 Prisoner of war camp a 'huge part' of Essex's history
- 6 Lockdown eases: new mayor and new Priest join drive-in concert
- 7 Uttlesford District Council chief executive is stepping down
- 8 Prison sentence extended for man involved in Dunmow attack
- 9 Summer art competition for children launched by school
- 10 Is former Love Island star Carl Woods moving to Bardfield?
Leigh-on-Sea also won the women’s event, ahead of Braintree, Springfield Striders, GFDR, Little Baddow Ridge Runners and Mid-Essex Casuals.
The final race in the series will be held at Little Baddow on February 16.