Grange Farm & Dunmow Runners defy the rain to complete the virtual London Marathon
- Credit: Archant
Like thousands across the country Grange Farm & Dunmow Runners braved the wet weather to tackle the virtual London Marathon.
The mass participants were not at this year’s event but instead were running courses closer to home, and in their numbers too.
Hannah Mcllvenna and Gillian Robertson ran together, finishing in under four hours, with the latter raising £500 for Children with Cancer.
Hayley Smith also got inside the four-hour mark and Heidi Shubrook completed it dressed as a bee.
Luke Mcllvenna went off road as did Lee Prowse who roped in a couple of friends to keep him company.
You may also want to watch:
Louise Garrett and Szabina Nemeth were debutants at the distance and Kath Birks completed her run despite a fall after just two miles.
Rosalind McKenna meanwhile opted to walk it after falling pregnant at the same time as getting her first ballot place.
- 1 Pedestrian dies following Dunmow collision
- 2 Interest in women and girls cricket rises following anniversary event
- 3 Essex Police issues update on Katie Price's alleged assault
- 4 Dunmow's Macmillan coffee and cake success despite stolen banner
- 5 M11 targeted in week of motorway protests
- 6 Felsted collision: Motorcyclist seriously injured
- 7 Katie Price alleged assault: 32-year-old man re-bailed
- 8 Community trees and bulbs to help tackle climate change
- 9 County councillor: Roads and drains progress being made in the Dunmow area
- 10 Man admits to causing death by dangerous driving after B184 collision