Athletics: Grange Farm & Dunmow Runners out in force
- Credit: Archant
Grange Farm & Dunmow Runners were out in force at the weekend.
Cambridge & Coleridge AC hosted the second race of the Essex Cross-Country League season at Horseheath race course near Linton.
Claire Hall was GFDR's fastest female, followed by Kerry Harrington, Jenny Suckling and Louise Garrett, as Lee Pickering led Matt Bainbridge, Connor Johnson, Alan Fullerton, Lee Prowse, Martyn Byford, Simon King and James Hawkes home for the men.
The Stort 30 on Sunday took runners 15 miles from Bishop's Stortford, along the River Stort Navigation path and 15 miles back, and was won by Robert Barnes of Stopsley Striders in 3:27.56.
GFDR's Karen Pickering ran her first ultra and 12th marathon in 12 months to finish as third female and 17th overall in 4:21.39 as Colin Jackson (5:43.36) and Ian Lawson (5:43.39) ran together.
You may also want to watch:
At the Love Luton half marathon, Gillian Robertson was first W55 in 1:49.13.
- 1 Dogs seized and three arrested following police operation on Braintree Road, Dunmow
- 2 Two charged in connection with Dunmow burglary
- 3 No 11th hour reprieve for Finchingfield homes plan
- 4 New Dunmow school approved but safety fears aired
- 5 Great Easton pub sells at auction
- 6 More history made by Dunmow Taekwondo's talented students
- 7 'That's more like it' roars Takeley's John Hedges after comfortable win in pro fight number two
- 8 Woman taken to hospital after serious accident between Takeley and Dunmow
- 9 Residents urged to have their say in housing consultation
- 10 Online Young Musician competition launched by Dunmow Rotarians