Athletics: Grange Farm & Dunmow Runners enjoy Friday Night 5
- Credit: Archant
A group of 25 Grange Farm & Dunmow Runners took part in the Friday Night 5-mile road race around Pleshey last week.
Hot weather did not deter a field of 92 runners, with James Bosher finishing second in 27.41.
Josh Sowman (28.02) and Lee Pickering (28.06) were third and fourth, with Jared Bethall sixth in 28.22.
Antony Karas (34.35), Dan Wright (36.37), Laetitia Corbett (37.58), Hayley Morley (41.17) and Debbie Stares (44.50) all set personal bests.
Completing the GFDR men’s line-up were Richard Mead (30.02), Dan Reynolds (30.57), Kevin Marshall (32.35), Alan Fullerton (33.30), Martin Atkinson (34.27), Neil Hitchcock (35.09), Jason Bepsey (35.36), John Smith (37.40), Colin Jackson (38.43), Lee Prowse (39.18) and Mark Smith (40.42).
You may also want to watch:
Karen Pickering (36.11) and Kerry Harrington (36.56) were second and third females, ahead of Henrietta Butcher (42.20), Hayley Smith (44.32) and Roz Wright (49.37).
GFDR are holding a 10k road race from Felsted on Sunday.
- 1 Pets Corner: It's time to get your dog back to training class
- 2 Revealed: almost 300 possible new development sites are submitted
- 3 Chelmsford beer festival cancelled for 2021 by Covid concerns
- 4 Revealed: The progress made so far to create a new business park
- 5 Lamborghini v Ferrari at Petrolheadonism.Club's Supercar Sunday event at The Warren Estate in Essex
- 6 7 of the prettiest villages in north-west Essex
- 7 Dunmow mayor sets out summer programme set to unite community
- 8 4 English Heritage events to enjoy at Audley End this summer
- 9 Braintree council installs further electric vehicle charging points
- 10 Stebbing on the verge of becoming 'small town', residents fear