Athletics: Grange Farm & Dunmow Runners save best until last
- Credit: Archant
Grange Farm & Dunmow Runners produced their best performance of the season at the last race of the Essex Cross-Country League season.
The squad travelled to Gloucester Park in Basildon for the Division One finale, where both the men and women’s teams finished in fifth place – their highest placing of the campaign.
The men were led home by captain Dan Reynolds, who was 20th in a field of 183 and followed by Lee Pickering, Matt Bainbridge, Josh Sowman, Alan Fullerton, Neil Hitchcock and Simon King.
Claire Hall was fastest for the women, finishing 11th out of 117 ahead of team-mates Philippa Robinson, Henrietta Butcher, Jenny Suckling and Victoria Gardiner.
In the end of season standings, the men finished seventh out of 12 teams to consolidate their position in the top division.
You may also want to watch:
Sadly, their best performance of the season was not enough for the women to climb out of the relegation zone.
- 1 Pets Corner: It's time to get your dog back to training class
- 2 Revealed: almost 300 possible new development sites are submitted
- 3 Chelmsford beer festival cancelled for 2021 by Covid concerns
- 4 Revealed: The progress made so far to create a new business park
- 5 Lamborghini v Ferrari at Petrolheadonism.Club's Supercar Sunday event at The Warren Estate in Essex
- 6 7 of the prettiest villages in north-west Essex
- 7 Dunmow mayor sets out summer programme set to unite community
- 8 4 English Heritage events to enjoy at Audley End this summer
- 9 Braintree council installs further electric vehicle charging points
- 10 Stebbing on the verge of becoming 'small town', residents fear