Athletics: Grange Farm & Dunmow Runners save best until last
- Credit: Archant
Grange Farm & Dunmow Runners produced their best performance of the season at the last race of the Essex Cross-Country League season.
The squad travelled to Gloucester Park in Basildon for the Division One finale, where both the men and women’s teams finished in fifth place – their highest placing of the campaign.
The men were led home by captain Dan Reynolds, who was 20th in a field of 183 and followed by Lee Pickering, Matt Bainbridge, Josh Sowman, Alan Fullerton, Neil Hitchcock and Simon King.
Claire Hall was fastest for the women, finishing 11th out of 117 ahead of team-mates Philippa Robinson, Henrietta Butcher, Jenny Suckling and Victoria Gardiner.
In the end of season standings, the men finished seventh out of 12 teams to consolidate their position in the top division.
You may also want to watch:
Sadly, their best performance of the season was not enough for the women to climb out of the relegation zone.
- 1 New cycle network consultation announced
- 2 Uttlesford District Council chief executive is stepping down
- 3 Prison sentence extended for man involved in Dunmow attack
- 4 Dunmow Cricket Club at 125 years and launch of Project Pavilion
- 5 The Stansted couple on an #HDHike for Huntington's disease
- 6 Local Elections 2021: Essex County Council results for Uttlesford
- 7 Things to do in May: Open Day for Gardens of Easton Lodge
- 8 Outgoing mayor reflects on 'a Covid year' in office as he steps down
- 9 Is former Love Island star Carl Woods moving to Bardfield?
- 10 Lockdown eases: new mayor and new Priest join drive-in concert