Athletics: Grange Farm & Dunmow Runners dominate at windy Highwoods
- Credit: Archant
Grange Farm & Dunmow Runners’ men finished first and their women second in the penultimate race of the Mid-Essex Cross-Country League season at Highwood.
A total of 23 members (13 men, 10 women) braved the bitterly cold windy conditions sweeping across the exposed course near Witham, with four men inside the top 10.
James Bosher was first to finish in third, ahead of Dan Reynolds (sixth), Lee Pickering (eighth) and Alistair Brown (ninth).
Ashwin Shah, Declan Evans and Alan Fullerton also scored points.
Hannah McIlvenna was first club woman home in sixth, as Emily Predebon (seventh), Karen Pickering (eighth) and Abigail Rayner (11th) also scored points for the team.
You may also want to watch:
The latest results leave both GFDR teams top of their respective leagues going into the final race, with the men ahead of Braintree & District, while the women head Springfield.
- 1 Pets Corner: It's time to get your dog back to training class
- 2 Revealed: almost 300 possible new development sites are submitted
- 3 Chelmsford beer festival cancelled for 2021 by Covid concerns
- 4 Revealed: The progress made so far to create a new business park
- 5 7 of the prettiest villages in north-west Essex
- 6 Lamborghini v Ferrari at Petrolheadonism.Club's Supercar Sunday event at The Warren Estate in Essex
- 7 Braintree council installs further electric vehicle charging points
- 8 Dunmow mayor sets out summer programme set to unite community
- 9 Stebbing on the verge of becoming 'small town', residents fear
- 10 Residents hand water to stranded drivers after fatal M11 crash