Athletics: Grange Farm & Dunmow Runners dominate at windy Highwoods
- Credit: Archant
Grange Farm & Dunmow Runners’ men finished first and their women second in the penultimate race of the Mid-Essex Cross-Country League season at Highwood.
A total of 23 members (13 men, 10 women) braved the bitterly cold windy conditions sweeping across the exposed course near Witham, with four men inside the top 10.
James Bosher was first to finish in third, ahead of Dan Reynolds (sixth), Lee Pickering (eighth) and Alistair Brown (ninth).
Ashwin Shah, Declan Evans and Alan Fullerton also scored points.
Hannah McIlvenna was first club woman home in sixth, as Emily Predebon (seventh), Karen Pickering (eighth) and Abigail Rayner (11th) also scored points for the team.
You may also want to watch:
The latest results leave both GFDR teams top of their respective leagues going into the final race, with the men ahead of Braintree & District, while the women head Springfield.
- 1 Dogs seized and three arrested following police operation on Braintree Road, Dunmow
- 2 Two charged in connection with Dunmow burglary
- 3 No 11th hour reprieve for Finchingfield homes plan
- 4 New Dunmow school approved but safety fears aired
- 5 Great Easton pub sells at auction
- 6 More history made by Dunmow Taekwondo's talented students
- 7 'That's more like it' roars Takeley's John Hedges after comfortable win in pro fight number two
- 8 Woman taken to hospital after serious accident between Takeley and Dunmow
- 9 Residents urged to have their say in housing consultation
- 10 Online Young Musician competition launched by Dunmow Rotarians