Grange Farm and Dunmow Runners’ women are league leaders
- Credit: Archant
Success at the third race in the Mid-Essex Cross Country League has seen Grange Farm and Dunmow Runners’ (GFDR) women’s team heading the table.
The event, hosted by Mid-Essex Casuals at Rivenhall, took runners on a relatively flat course through the Tarecroft Wood, around fields and along water-logged ditches.
The winning GFDR women’s team was led home by Naomi Moss, with Claudine Davie, Jo Bisset-Smith and Hayley Smith also scoring points.
The victory moved them ahead of Springfield Striders to the top of the league.
GFDR men’s team finished second at Rivenhall, behind Springfield Striders.
You may also want to watch:
Point scorers were James Bosher, in third, Alistair Brown, Dan Reynolds, Steve Read, Martin Jackson, Sean Henderson and Jason Wintin. After three races, GFDR men are a point behind leaders Striders.
The next race in the series will be hosted by the Striders on January 31.
- 1 'That's more like it' roars Takeley's John Hedges after comfortable win in pro fight number two
- 2 Residents urged to have their say in housing consultation
- 3 Dogs seized and three arrested following police operation on Braintree Road, Dunmow
- 4 No 11th hour reprieve for Finchingfield homes plan
- 5 Two charged in connection with Dunmow burglary
- 6 Woman taken to hospital after serious accident between Takeley and Dunmow
- 7 Doorbell crimes in Thaxted see one ‘ripped off’ before suspect flees
- 8 Great Easton pub sells at auction
- 9 Take a look at Great Dunmow's very own secret garden
- 10 New Dunmow school approved but safety fears aired