Grange Farm and Dunmow Runners’ women are league leaders
- Credit: Archant
Success at the third race in the Mid-Essex Cross Country League has seen Grange Farm and Dunmow Runners’ (GFDR) women’s team heading the table.
The event, hosted by Mid-Essex Casuals at Rivenhall, took runners on a relatively flat course through the Tarecroft Wood, around fields and along water-logged ditches.
The winning GFDR women’s team was led home by Naomi Moss, with Claudine Davie, Jo Bisset-Smith and Hayley Smith also scoring points.
The victory moved them ahead of Springfield Striders to the top of the league.
GFDR men’s team finished second at Rivenhall, behind Springfield Striders.
You may also want to watch:
Point scorers were James Bosher, in third, Alistair Brown, Dan Reynolds, Steve Read, Martin Jackson, Sean Henderson and Jason Wintin. After three races, GFDR men are a point behind leaders Striders.
The next race in the series will be hosted by the Striders on January 31.
- 1 Katie Price's alleged attacker re-bailed into November, police confirm
- 2 Fond farewell to Sweetland's butchers after 69 years in the trade
- 3 Revealed: why some Uttlesford car park machines no longer take cash
- 4 Wethersfield to house nearly 3,500 prisoners in government plan
- 5 Creamfields Chelmsford 2022 tickets to go on sale this month
- 6 Emergency funding for Essex care homes amid 'acute' staff shortages
- 7 Scouts jamboree fun covers radio skills to Morse Code
- 8 Full house success: Great Dunmow's Last Night of the Proms
- 9 Pets' Corner: Ben Fogle's plea over Bonfire Night
- 10 Chelmsford bypass 'could provide strategic link' to Stansted Airport