Grange Farm and Dunmow Runners prove relay good
- Credit: Archant
Grange Farm and Dunmow Runners saw their four-man team finish in eighth place at the Essex Road Runners’ relay event in Harwich on Saturday.
A total of 97 teams took part in the race, which involved every runner completing a 5k leg along the promenade in Dovercourt.
And GFDR’s senior men eventually finished eighth out of 19 in a combined time of one hour, 13 minutes and 48 seconds.
Steve Read ran the first leg in 17mins 39secs, before passing the baton over to Matt Webster, who clocked 18.43.
And Ashwin Shah then ran the third leg in 19.34, before handing over to Dan Reynolds, who anchored the team home in 17.52.
You may also want to watch:
Ilford’s team came home first in 1:04.29, with their New Zealander Blair McWhirter clocking the fastest individual leg of the day with 15.34.
Entries are now open for GFDR’s 10k road race at Felsted on July 9.
- 1 Survey reveals Uttlesford fears of fourth national Covid lockdown
- 2 Dunmow's Flitch and Chips named as one of the UK's 10 best
- 3 Care at home: what is it, and how can it help?
- 4 Take away Covid self tests from Thaxted library
- 5 Stansted author to release second novel
- 6 Stop Stansted Expansion campaign group to rebrand
- 7 Things to do on the May Bank Holiday weekend: Essex gardens are open
- 8 Town council challenges water softening decision
- 9 Dogs seized and three arrested following police operation on Braintree Road, Dunmow
- 10 Ram-raid gang member absconds from Suffolk jail