Grange Farm and Dunmow Runners prove relay good
- Credit: Archant
Grange Farm and Dunmow Runners saw their four-man team finish in eighth place at the Essex Road Runners’ relay event in Harwich on Saturday.
A total of 97 teams took part in the race, which involved every runner completing a 5k leg along the promenade in Dovercourt.
And GFDR’s senior men eventually finished eighth out of 19 in a combined time of one hour, 13 minutes and 48 seconds.
Steve Read ran the first leg in 17mins 39secs, before passing the baton over to Matt Webster, who clocked 18.43.
And Ashwin Shah then ran the third leg in 19.34, before handing over to Dan Reynolds, who anchored the team home in 17.52.
You may also want to watch:
Ilford’s team came home first in 1:04.29, with their New Zealander Blair McWhirter clocking the fastest individual leg of the day with 15.34.
Entries are now open for GFDR’s 10k road race at Felsted on July 9.
- 1 Pets Corner: It's time to get your dog back to training class
- 2 Revealed: almost 300 possible new development sites are submitted
- 3 Chelmsford beer festival cancelled for 2021 by Covid concerns
- 4 Revealed: The progress made so far to create a new business park
- 5 7 of the prettiest villages in north-west Essex
- 6 4 English Heritage events to enjoy at Audley End this summer
- 7 Lamborghini v Ferrari at Petrolheadonism.Club's Supercar Sunday event at The Warren Estate in Essex
- 8 Dunmow mayor sets out summer programme set to unite community
- 9 Residents hand water to stranded drivers after fatal M11 crash
- 10 Stebbing on the verge of becoming 'small town', residents fear