Grange Farm and Dunmow Runners prove relay good
- Credit: Archant
Grange Farm and Dunmow Runners saw their four-man team finish in eighth place at the Essex Road Runners’ relay event in Harwich on Saturday.
A total of 97 teams took part in the race, which involved every runner completing a 5k leg along the promenade in Dovercourt.
And GFDR’s senior men eventually finished eighth out of 19 in a combined time of one hour, 13 minutes and 48 seconds.
Steve Read ran the first leg in 17mins 39secs, before passing the baton over to Matt Webster, who clocked 18.43.
And Ashwin Shah then ran the third leg in 19.34, before handing over to Dan Reynolds, who anchored the team home in 17.52.
You may also want to watch:
Ilford’s team came home first in 1:04.29, with their New Zealander Blair McWhirter clocking the fastest individual leg of the day with 15.34.
Entries are now open for GFDR’s 10k road race at Felsted on July 9.
- 1 Court sentence for Dunmow knife attacker, guilty of attempted murder
- 2 Chelmsford bypass 'could provide strategic link' to Stansted Airport
- 3 Council agrees to 'complicated' parking charges at Hylands Park
- 4 An afternoon at the Proms for Mountfitchet House residents
- 5 First 'building block' of Harlow town centre major regeneration approved
- 6 Creamfields Chelmsford 2022 tickets to go on sale this month
- 7 Book exchange opens in Dunmow
- 8 Minute silence at council meeting for 'kind-hearted' Uttlesford officer
- 9 Festival poised for Holst's 150th birthday celebrations in 2024
- 10 It's pumpkin picking season again at Cammas Hall Farm as Halloween approaches