Grange Farm and Dunmow Runners’ James Bosher smashes marathon record
- Credit: Archant
The record books will need changing after Grange Farm and Dunmow Runners’ James Bosher obliterated the best time for a biennial 26-mile challenge.
The Braintree Boggle Marathon starts and finishes at Black Notley Village Hall and follows a tough, mainly off-road route.
And on the fifth staging of the event Bosher belted around the course to finish in a time of three hours nine minutes and 57 seconds, a whopping seven minutes quicker than the previous standard,
The race attracted a total of 70 runners with GFDR represented by six runners in total.
Matt Bainbridge made it a one-two finish when he came in almost 40 minutes later while Karen Pickering was the third female and 16th overall, alongside Ashwin Shah, in 4:37:09.
You may also want to watch:
Ian Lawson came 18th in a time of 4:37:15 while Maxine Seward finished in 5:55:32 for 47th place.
- 1 Dogs seized and three arrested following police operation on Braintree Road, Dunmow
- 2 New Dunmow school approved but safety fears aired
- 3 Two charged in connection with Dunmow burglary
- 4 Great Easton pub sells at auction
- 5 No 11th hour reprieve for Finchingfield homes plan
- 6 More history made by Dunmow Taekwondo's talented students
- 7 'That's more like it' roars Takeley's John Hedges after comfortable win in pro fight number two
- 8 Dragons' Den style competition highlights innovative ideas
- 9 Woman taken to hospital after serious accident between Takeley and Dunmow
- 10 Online Young Musician competition launched by Dunmow Rotarians