Grange Farm and Dunmow Runners’ James Bosher smashes marathon record
- Credit: Archant
The record books will need changing after Grange Farm and Dunmow Runners’ James Bosher obliterated the best time for a biennial 26-mile challenge.
The Braintree Boggle Marathon starts and finishes at Black Notley Village Hall and follows a tough, mainly off-road route.
And on the fifth staging of the event Bosher belted around the course to finish in a time of three hours nine minutes and 57 seconds, a whopping seven minutes quicker than the previous standard,
The race attracted a total of 70 runners with GFDR represented by six runners in total.
Matt Bainbridge made it a one-two finish when he came in almost 40 minutes later while Karen Pickering was the third female and 16th overall, alongside Ashwin Shah, in 4:37:09.
You may also want to watch:
Ian Lawson came 18th in a time of 4:37:15 while Maxine Seward finished in 5:55:32 for 47th place.
- 1 In pictures: Fun at the 2021 Great Dunmow Teddy Bears' picnic
- 2 In pictures: Post box knitting celebrates Tokyo 2020 Olympics and Tom Daley
- 3 Disabled resident compensated after Uttlesford council 'fault'
- 4 Thieves swap elderly hospital patient’s ‘precious’ rings with tin bands
- 5 Cambridge Country Show promises 'something for everybody'
- 6 Standon Calling called off after heavy rain and lightning risk
- 7 Revealed: UDC considers almost 300 possible new development sites
- 8 Chelmsford beer festival cancelled for 2021 by Covid concerns
- 9 Stansted Airport's summer getaway flight figures
- 10 High Roding at the double and Dunmow go three-up as Aythorpe Roding lose ground in title race