Grange Farm and Dunmow Runners host annual Felsted 10k
- Credit: Archant
Almost 500 competitors took part in Grange Farm and Dunmow Runners’ annual Felsted 10k road race.
This year the event also doubled up as an Essex County Championship race.
Starting from Felsted Primary School, the course took runners along quiet lanes through Cock Green, Thistley Green, Willows Green, Molehill Green and Bannister Green before returning to the school.
The winner was Alex Short in 33 minutes 01 seconds, followed by Mark Newton of Springfield Striders in 33:25 and Ramadan Osman of Colchester and Tendering Athletic Club in 33:45.
The fastest woman was Sarah Stradling of Colchester Harriers Athletic Club in 36:48, with Kerry Holland of Southend-on-Sea Athletic Club second in 38:30 and Samantha Bilbie of Springfield Striders third in 39:13.
You may also want to watch:
The male age category winners were: V40 Gavin Allen (Springfield Striders, 34:12); V50 Colin Ridley (Colchester Harriers 35:34); V60 David Cox (Woodford Green Athletic Club with Essex Ladies, 37:32) and V70 Chris McDonnell (Dengie 100 Runners, 42:12).
The female category winners were: V35 Stradling; V45 Kate Mills (Springfield Striders, 39:26); V55 Sue Spong (Havering 90 Joggers, 46:42) and Sheila Macaulay (Springfield Striders, 57:23).
- 1 Dogs seized and three arrested following police operation on Braintree Road, Dunmow
- 2 No 11th hour reprieve for Finchingfield homes plan
- 3 New Dunmow school approved but safety fears aired
- 4 Two charged in connection with Dunmow burglary
- 5 Great Easton pub sells at auction
- 6 More history made by Dunmow Taekwondo's talented students
- 7 'That's more like it' roars Takeley's John Hedges after comfortable win in pro fight number two
- 8 Woman taken to hospital after serious accident between Takeley and Dunmow
- 9 Residents urged to have their say in housing consultation
- 10 Online Young Musician competition launched by Dunmow Rotarians
The male team awards went to: first Springfield Striders, second Woodford Green and third Colchester Harriers.
The female team awards went to: first Springfield Striders, second Southend-on-Sea and third Colchester Harriers.
The County Championship cup winners were Newton and Stradling.