Grange Farm and Dunmow Runners have an active weekend
THREE events attracted Grange Farm and Dunmow Runners on Sunday: the Abingdon Marathon and Ware 10 mile road races and the Aythorpe Roding trail race.
Jules Reeves completed the Abingdon Marathon in an impressive 3hrs 49mins, with team mate Charlotte King finishing her first marathon in 4hrs 12mins.
At Ware, Craig Hooke ran the 10 mile course in 1hh 7mins 56secs, with Ian Baines finishing in 1hr 21mins 22secs.
There was a choice of two distances, 17 and 26 miles, for the Aythorpe Roding tail race. The longer distance was run by Jo Bisset-Smith, Joe Dilworth and Sharon White, while Gavin Foster, Howard Jardine and Katia Robertson undertook the shorter trail.
The tea and biscuits provided at the Margaret Roding Church checkpoint by the vicar and his wife were particularly appreciated.
You may also want to watch:
Grange Farm and Dunmow Runners will be holding the annual 10 mile race at Stebbing on Sunday November 14. Entry forms are available atgrangefarmdunmowrunners.co.uk
- 1 Uttlesford faces 'house building assault', says leader
- 2 Garden restoration project joy after public appeal help
- 3 WATCH: Thaxted Morris Men dance together again
- 4 School thanks 'Super Trouper' Carol
- 5 More than 200 people join the search for missing A120 cat, Daisy
- 6 In this week's paper: Dunmow Broadcast on Thursday August 5
- 7 Burglars break into Co-op store
- 8 School class in Dunmow wins national award
- 9 New intake of junior doctors at Broomfield Hospital
- 10 In pictures: Record numbers enter Stansted in Bloom