Grange Farm and Dunmow Runners have an active weekend
THREE events attracted Grange Farm and Dunmow Runners on Sunday: the Abingdon Marathon and Ware 10 mile road races and the Aythorpe Roding trail race.
Jules Reeves completed the Abingdon Marathon in an impressive 3hrs 49mins, with team mate Charlotte King finishing her first marathon in 4hrs 12mins.
At Ware, Craig Hooke ran the 10 mile course in 1hh 7mins 56secs, with Ian Baines finishing in 1hr 21mins 22secs.
There was a choice of two distances, 17 and 26 miles, for the Aythorpe Roding tail race. The longer distance was run by Jo Bisset-Smith, Joe Dilworth and Sharon White, while Gavin Foster, Howard Jardine and Katia Robertson undertook the shorter trail.
The tea and biscuits provided at the Margaret Roding Church checkpoint by the vicar and his wife were particularly appreciated.
Grange Farm and Dunmow Runners will be holding the annual 10 mile race at Stebbing on Sunday November 14. Entry forms are available atgrangefarmdunmowrunners.co.uk
- 1 Great Dunmow man jailed for 14 years
- 2 Assault in Dunmow's Tesco car park
- 3 Sir Tom Jones to play Heritage Live concert at Audley End House & Gardens in Saffron Walden
- 4 Penalty save and late winner moves High Easter up the table
- 5 Court imposes five year ban on shoplifter
- 6 Fight breaks out near Great Notley as man reportedly seen with a gun
- 7 Great Dunmow Town Council will be asked to declare 'climate emergency'
- 8 East of England Tourism Awards 2021-2022: Meet the New Tourism Business of the Year finalists
- 9 In pictures: the cute animals in January's Pets' Corner
- 10 How are England's Covid restrictions changing after Plan B?