Grange Farm and Dunmow Runners have an active weekend
THREE events attracted Grange Farm and Dunmow Runners on Sunday: the Abingdon Marathon and Ware 10 mile road races and the Aythorpe Roding trail race.
Jules Reeves completed the Abingdon Marathon in an impressive 3hrs 49mins, with team mate Charlotte King finishing her first marathon in 4hrs 12mins.
At Ware, Craig Hooke ran the 10 mile course in 1hh 7mins 56secs, with Ian Baines finishing in 1hr 21mins 22secs.
There was a choice of two distances, 17 and 26 miles, for the Aythorpe Roding tail race. The longer distance was run by Jo Bisset-Smith, Joe Dilworth and Sharon White, while Gavin Foster, Howard Jardine and Katia Robertson undertook the shorter trail.
The tea and biscuits provided at the Margaret Roding Church checkpoint by the vicar and his wife were particularly appreciated.
You may also want to watch:
Grange Farm and Dunmow Runners will be holding the annual 10 mile race at Stebbing on Sunday November 14. Entry forms are available atgrangefarmdunmowrunners.co.uk
- 1 Grange Farm & Dunmow Runners delighted to be back at actual races
- 2 There's a rainbow in the woods outside Thaxted
- 3 Standing for election for a seat on Essex County Council on May 6, 2021
- 4 Join Pam on sponsored 'walkies' for Guide Dogs
- 5 Almost 800 Essex patients take part in Covid-19 Recovery trial
- 6 Pay It Forward brings joy to Dunmow community
- 7 Delight at repairs grant which will also support specialist building trade
- 8 Actor Ray Winstone's video appeal helps double air ambulance's 'brick' sales
- 9 Elsenham WI transfixed but can't work out magician's tricks
- 10 Survey reveals Uttlesford fears of fourth national Covid lockdown