Gr-eight show from Striders’ women
Saffron Striders were out in force at the Stebbing 10-mile road race at the weekend. The windy conditions meant it was tough going but the seven Striders did the club proud. Janet Lipski, Lucy Stebbings and Janet Bradshaw came eighth in the female team e
Saffron Striders were out in force at the Stebbing 10-mile road race at the weekend.
The windy conditions meant it was tough going but the seven Striders did the club proud.
Janet Lipski, Lucy Stebbings and Janet Bradshaw came eighth in the female team event, while Chris Dodge, Danny Collins and John Howe took 19th position in the men's team event.
Chris Dodge and Janet Lipski continued to show their dominance with both athletes setting new personal best times for the distance.
You may also want to watch:
Dodge was just 21 seconds away from breaking the hour mark and Lipski's time of 71min 17 sec, puts her ahead of all but a handful of the men at the club.
In December the cross-country league starts and throughout the winter the club will continue with the group sessions on Tuesday and Thursday evenings. Further information is available from Rob Woodward on 01223 836017.
- 1 New cycle network consultation announced
- 2 Dunmow and Stansted councillors not in new Essex County Council cabinet
- 3 Outgoing mayor reflects on 'a Covid year' in office as he steps down
- 4 Prison sentence extended for man involved in Dunmow attack
- 5 Uttlesford District Council chief executive is stepping down
- 6 Local Elections 2021: Essex County Council results for Uttlesford
- 7 Lockdown eases: new mayor and new Priest join drive-in concert
- 8 Uttlesford's shops still suffer from low footfall, Google data shows
- 9 Is former Love Island star Carl Woods moving to Bardfield?
- 10 The Stansted couple on an #HDHike for Huntington's disease