Gosfield Lake Golf Club win GQ Challenge Trophy from Colne Valley
- Credit: Archant
The team from Gosfield Lake Golf Club won the GQ Challenge Trophy at the Nazeing Golf Club with a magnificent stableford total of 256 points.
Eight teams of 12 players from Essex Clubs took part playing as pairs in a betterball stableford format.
The best Gosfield pair was team captain David Crisp and Rick Gillman with a betterball stableford total of 47 points who finished second after count back to the Colne Valley pairing of D O’Shea and C Amor.
Best supporting teams for Gosfield Lake were Roy Swann and Mick Burke with 44 points together with Martin Gorham and Malcolm Peacock with the same points.
Mike Jones and John Knight contributed well with 42 points, while club captain Geoff Powdrill and Rob Stewart scored 40 points, finally Roger Gilham and Les Turner added 39 points to the final total.
You may also want to watch:
The Colne Valley team were second with 242 points narrowly beating the challenge from host club Nazeing with 240 points in third place.
- 1 Dunmow and Stansted councillors not in new Essex County Council cabinet
- 2 New Dunmow and Barnston vicar thanks community for their warm welcome
- 3 Man sentenced after admitting two charges of sexual assault
- 4 TSB closes Dunmow branch
- 5 Prisoner of war camp a 'huge part' of Essex's history
- 6 Lockdown eases: new mayor and new Priest join drive-in concert
- 7 Uttlesford District Council chief executive is stepping down
- 8 Prison sentence extended for man involved in Dunmow attack
- 9 Summer art competition for children launched by school
- 10 Is former Love Island star Carl Woods moving to Bardfield?