Gosfield Lake Club title again won by Pryke
- Credit: Archant
Judy Pryke has won the Gosfield Lake Ladies Club Championship for an impressive 13th time.
In mixed early September weather Gosfield Lake Golf Club held the championship over 36 holes on the Lakes Course.
Lady captain Georgina Penketh was hoping to be the first lady captain to also become club champion.
Gosfield’s best lady golfers including defending champion Pryke completed the first round and leader Mel Ponsonby, a past lady champion, was in first place with a three stroke lead over Penketh in second followed by third placed Claire Barke and in fourth place was Pryke.
Pryke was determined to improve on her first round and overcome a six stroke deficit.
The second round saw a reversal of fortune, when Pryke improved by 12 strokes to overtake Ponsonby by two shots and become the lady champion.
Penketh finished in third place with Jenny Starr, another previous champion, improving her second round to finish fourth.
- 1 Town's annual meeting: Dr's Pond, RideLondon, parking issues
- 2 What I Learnt From My Grandmother in photographs and banners
- 3 School activities and sports in pictures
- 4 Hot cyclists reach Paris after 3 days of pedalling
- 5 Pictures: The Great Dunmow Summer Solstice Sundown Festival
- 6 Prime Minister's honour for Dunmow duo
- 7 Suspense thriller is author's fourth novel
- 8 Delayed Local Plan sparks Uttlesford development fears
- 9 Solar farm application decision is deferred
- 10 Creamfields South 2023 festival dates announced for Hylands Park
Ponsonby’s consolation was the net prize, won with a 154 stroke total after countback from Pam Stevens, third net was Claire Barke and fourth place went to Hilary Chase.