Gosfield Lake Club title again won by Pryke
- Credit: Archant
Judy Pryke has won the Gosfield Lake Ladies Club Championship for an impressive 13th time.
In mixed early September weather Gosfield Lake Golf Club held the championship over 36 holes on the Lakes Course.
Lady captain Georgina Penketh was hoping to be the first lady captain to also become club champion.
Gosfield’s best lady golfers including defending champion Pryke completed the first round and leader Mel Ponsonby, a past lady champion, was in first place with a three stroke lead over Penketh in second followed by third placed Claire Barke and in fourth place was Pryke.
Pryke was determined to improve on her first round and overcome a six stroke deficit.
You may also want to watch:
The second round saw a reversal of fortune, when Pryke improved by 12 strokes to overtake Ponsonby by two shots and become the lady champion.
Penketh finished in third place with Jenny Starr, another previous champion, improving her second round to finish fourth.
- 1 Dogs seized and three arrested following police operation on Braintree Road, Dunmow
- 2 New Dunmow school approved but safety fears aired
- 3 No 11th hour reprieve for Finchingfield homes plan
- 4 Two charged in connection with Dunmow burglary
- 5 Great Easton pub sells at auction
- 6 More history made by Dunmow Taekwondo's talented students
- 7 Residents urged to have their say in housing consultation
- 8 'That's more like it' roars Takeley's John Hedges after comfortable win in pro fight number two
- 9 Online Young Musician competition launched by Dunmow Rotarians
- 10 Woman taken to hospital after serious accident between Takeley and Dunmow
Ponsonby’s consolation was the net prize, won with a 154 stroke total after countback from Pam Stevens, third net was Claire Barke and fourth place went to Hilary Chase.