Gosfield Lake Club title again won by Pryke
- Credit: Archant
Judy Pryke has won the Gosfield Lake Ladies Club Championship for an impressive 13th time.
In mixed early September weather Gosfield Lake Golf Club held the championship over 36 holes on the Lakes Course.
Lady captain Georgina Penketh was hoping to be the first lady captain to also become club champion.
Gosfield’s best lady golfers including defending champion Pryke completed the first round and leader Mel Ponsonby, a past lady champion, was in first place with a three stroke lead over Penketh in second followed by third placed Claire Barke and in fourth place was Pryke.
Pryke was determined to improve on her first round and overcome a six stroke deficit.
You may also want to watch:
The second round saw a reversal of fortune, when Pryke improved by 12 strokes to overtake Ponsonby by two shots and become the lady champion.
Penketh finished in third place with Jenny Starr, another previous champion, improving her second round to finish fourth.
- 1 Cows rescued after A120 collision
- 2 In pictures: Fun at the 2021 Great Dunmow Teddy Bears' picnic
- 3 In pictures: Post box knitting celebrates Tokyo 2020 Olympics and Tom Daley
- 4 Jobs boost for community as Dunmow's Caremark sees demand surge
- 5 Disabled resident compensated after Uttlesford council 'fault'
- 6 Stansted Airport's summer getaway flight figures
- 7 Thieves swap elderly hospital patient’s ‘precious’ rings with tin bands
- 8 Former Tring Athletic boss Kevin Christou named as new manager at Dunmow Town
- 9 Braintree council installs further electric vehicle charging points
- 10 Revealed: The progress made so far to create a new business park
Ponsonby’s consolation was the net prize, won with a 154 stroke total after countback from Pam Stevens, third net was Claire Barke and fourth place went to Hilary Chase.