Goodman makes history with hole in one
Graham Goodman made history at Saffron Walden Golf club last Tuesday as he scored a hole in one. Goodman, a one handicap golfer, achieved the feat on the par four fourth hole at Walden, measuring 362 yards. In 2004 Olly Tuck managed a hole in one on the
Graham Goodman made history at Saffron Walden Golf club last Tuesday as he scored a hole in one.
Goodman, a one handicap golfer, achieved the feat on the par four fourth hole at Walden, measuring 362 yards.
In 2004 Olly Tuck managed a hole in one on the second hole at 348 yards, but it is the first time in the history of the club that there has been a hole in one on the fourth.
On Tuesday with a left to right wind and the tee position to the left, the shot to the green was a real possibility.
You may also want to watch:
Goodman's partner Mick Bush hit a rescue club to within 20 yards of the green and Goodman hit a five wood with a fade over the trees to land short of the green and run into the hole.
Both players spent a good time looking for Goodman's ball, until much to their amazement, they saw it in the hole.
- 1 Bar staff smash £1,000 target in charity challenge
- 2 Dunmow's Flitch and Chips named as one of the UK's 10 best
- 3 More work needed ahead of holiday easing, Stansted says
- 4 Super six for High Easter as they turn on the style against Coggeshall Town youngsters
- 5 Survey reveals Uttlesford fears of fourth national Covid lockdown
- 6 There's a rainbow in the woods outside Thaxted
- 7 Take away Covid self tests from Thaxted library
- 8 Care at home: what is it, and how can it help?
- 9 Ambitious and fast-growing High Roding raring to go ahead of new season
- 10 Things to do on the May Bank Holiday weekend: Essex gardens are open
Goodman said: "It was truly an unbelievable shot as normally I play the hole with a four iron and then a eight iron into the green. Because it was a friendly wind, Mick I decided to go for the green and it went in! It was a million to one shot!