Goodman makes history with hole in one
Graham Goodman made history at Saffron Walden Golf club last Tuesday as he scored a hole in one. Goodman, a one handicap golfer, achieved the feat on the par four fourth hole at Walden, measuring 362 yards. In 2004 Olly Tuck managed a hole in one on the
Graham Goodman made history at Saffron Walden Golf club last Tuesday as he scored a hole in one.
Goodman, a one handicap golfer, achieved the feat on the par four fourth hole at Walden, measuring 362 yards.
In 2004 Olly Tuck managed a hole in one on the second hole at 348 yards, but it is the first time in the history of the club that there has been a hole in one on the fourth.
On Tuesday with a left to right wind and the tee position to the left, the shot to the green was a real possibility.
You may also want to watch:
Goodman's partner Mick Bush hit a rescue club to within 20 yards of the green and Goodman hit a five wood with a fade over the trees to land short of the green and run into the hole.
Both players spent a good time looking for Goodman's ball, until much to their amazement, they saw it in the hole.
- 1 Thieves swap elderly hospital patient’s ‘precious’ rings with tin bands
- 2 Standon Calling called off after heavy rain and lightning risk
- 3 Revealed: UDC considers almost 300 possible new development sites
- 4 7 of the prettiest villages in north-west Essex
- 5 Q&A: Former Uttlesford District Council leader Howard Rolfe
- 6 Chelmsford beer festival cancelled for 2021 by Covid concerns
- 7 Vulnerable Uttlesford residents set for council tax rate freeze
- 8 RAF Red Arrows and Typhoon dazzle crowds at Duxford Summer Air Show
- 9 Revealed: The progress made so far to create a new business park
- 10 Stebbing on the verge of becoming 'small town', residents fear
Goodman said: "It was truly an unbelievable shot as normally I play the hole with a four iron and then a eight iron into the green. Because it was a friendly wind, Mick I decided to go for the green and it went in! It was a million to one shot!