Golf week is a major success
Saffron Walden Golf Club Seniors had a successful Millennium Week, which saw more than 65 members enter the competition over the three days that it was held. The winner on Monday for the Johnny Johnson Decanter was Tony Menell with 44 points, second was L
Saffron Walden Golf Club Seniors had a successful Millennium Week, which saw more than 65 members enter the competition over the three days that it was held.
The winner on Monday for the Johnny Johnson Decanter was Tony Menell with 44 points, second was Leon North with 40 points and third was Bob Ayres with 39 points on countback.
The winner of the Mashie Trophy on Wednesday was David Tomlin with 37 points, second was Tom Higgins with 36 points on countback and third was Leon North with 36 points.
Friday saw Colin Murrant win the Peter Hoare Memorial trophy with 43 points, second was David Moss with 39 points and third was Tony Jones with 36 points on countback.
You may also want to watch:
The overall winner for the Millennium Cup was Leon North.
More than 70 people sat down for lunch which was followed by the Seniors AGM at which Colin Murrant was appointed seniors captain and Leon North his vice captain.
- 1 Prison sentence extended for man involved in Dunmow attack
- 2 New cycle network consultation announced
- 3 Dunmow Cricket Club at 125 years and launch of Project Pavilion
- 4 Local Elections 2021: Essex County Council results for Uttlesford
- 5 Uttlesford District Council chief executive is stepping down
- 6 Things to do in May: Open Day for Gardens of Easton Lodge
- 7 Is former Love Island star Carl Woods moving to Bardfield?
- 8 Roger Hirst remains in place in Police, Fire and Crime Commissioner elections
- 9 The Stansted couple on an #HDHike for Huntington's disease
- 10 New mayor and deputy mayor appointed for town council