Athletics: Grange Farm & Dunmow Runners women Scramble to podium
- Credit: Archant
A team of eight women from Grange Farm & Dunmow Runners took on the 24-hour Spitfire Scramble relay event at Hornchurch.
The race began at midday on Saturday and involved running through the night on a 5.75-mile multi-terrain course.
And having completed a total of 28 laps in 24 hours and three minutes, the GFDR women finished third of 17 teams in the 6-8 female category.
The winning team competed 29 laps, with the second team being just four minutes faster than the GFDR team over 28 laps.
Naomi Moss ran five laps for GFDR, with Hayley Morley, Karen Pickering, Abigail Rayner and Henrietta Walker each completing four laps and Gin Lawson three.
You may also want to watch:
Jackie Adams and Glenda Jackson managed two laps each, although Jackson had a fall during the night, with Adams withdrawing to assist her team-mate.
- 1 Grange Farm & Dunmow Runners delighted to be back at actual races
- 2 There's a rainbow in the woods outside Thaxted
- 3 Standing for election for a seat on Essex County Council on May 6, 2021
- 4 Join Pam on sponsored 'walkies' for Guide Dogs
- 5 Almost 800 Essex patients take part in Covid-19 Recovery trial
- 6 Delight at repairs grant which will also support specialist building trade
- 7 Pay It Forward brings joy to Dunmow community
- 8 Takeley virtual consultation opens
- 9 Actor Ray Winstone's video appeal helps double air ambulance's 'brick' sales
- 10 Survey reveals Uttlesford fears of fourth national Covid lockdown