Gruelling tests for Grange Farm & Dunmow Runners
- Credit: Archant
Grange Farm & Dunmow Runners took on some of the most gruelling challenges in their calendar at the weekend.
The Pick N Mix Race To The Bling event gives entrants six hours to complete as many laps of the 3.3-mile course as they can.
And Karen Pickering was the second fastest women to complete eight laps, covering the 26.2-mile marathon distance in 4:16.
Ian Lawson also ran eight laps for his 69th marathon in 4:42, while Ashwin Shah completed nine laps in 4:49 to finish second of all participants over the longer distance.
The trio then also took part in the Cold Christmas 50k - an off-road self-navigational trail - with James Bosher, Steve Reed, Martin Jackson, Hayley and John Smith.
You may also want to watch:
Bosher retained his crown in first place in 4:03, over 40 minutes clear of his nearest rival, ahead of clubmates Jackson (5:38), Reed (6:09), Pickering (6:30), Shah (6:30), the Smiths (6:35) and Lawson (7:18).
- 1 Secretary of state to consider overturning Finchingfield houses approval
- 2 Covid-19 fast-testing centre opens in Uttlesford for asymptomatic residents
- 3 Villages around Great Dunmow covered in frost and snow
- 4 Uttlesford Covid case rates decline means they are now the lowest in Essex
- 5 Red engraved gem from iron ring is older than was previously thought
- 6 Dozens of illegal fishing nets and traps seized during pandemic
- 7 Beavers help with Finchingfield's 'worst flood in 20 years'
- 8 Church received £31,000 grant for restoration purposes
- 9 Essex County Council approves council tax increase
- 10 New Local Plan: 'Housing and transport should be planned together'