Gruelling tests for Grange Farm & Dunmow Runners
- Credit: Archant
Grange Farm & Dunmow Runners took on some of the most gruelling challenges in their calendar at the weekend.
The Pick N Mix Race To The Bling event gives entrants six hours to complete as many laps of the 3.3-mile course as they can.
And Karen Pickering was the second fastest women to complete eight laps, covering the 26.2-mile marathon distance in 4:16.
Ian Lawson also ran eight laps for his 69th marathon in 4:42, while Ashwin Shah completed nine laps in 4:49 to finish second of all participants over the longer distance.
The trio then also took part in the Cold Christmas 50k - an off-road self-navigational trail - with James Bosher, Steve Reed, Martin Jackson, Hayley and John Smith.
You may also want to watch:
Bosher retained his crown in first place in 4:03, over 40 minutes clear of his nearest rival, ahead of clubmates Jackson (5:38), Reed (6:09), Pickering (6:30), Shah (6:30), the Smiths (6:35) and Lawson (7:18).
- 1 New Stansted business park could support more than 3,000 jobs
- 2 What is the government's Plan B for Covid this winter?
- 3 New Hylands Estate parking charges explained
- 4 Bid to 'join' Dunmow and Easton with more than 1,000 homes blocked
- 5 Ball bearings shot at Leaden Roding car
- 6 'Outstanding' Town Award winners unveiled
- 7 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 8 Creamfields Chelmsford 2022 tickets to go on sale this month
- 9 Valentine's Flitch Ball to take place this February
- 10 Katie Price's alleged attacker re-bailed into November, police confirm