Gruelling tests for Grange Farm & Dunmow Runners
- Credit: Archant
Grange Farm & Dunmow Runners took on some of the most gruelling challenges in their calendar at the weekend.
The Pick N Mix Race To The Bling event gives entrants six hours to complete as many laps of the 3.3-mile course as they can.
And Karen Pickering was the second fastest women to complete eight laps, covering the 26.2-mile marathon distance in 4:16.
Ian Lawson also ran eight laps for his 69th marathon in 4:42, while Ashwin Shah completed nine laps in 4:49 to finish second of all participants over the longer distance.
The trio then also took part in the Cold Christmas 50k - an off-road self-navigational trail - with James Bosher, Steve Reed, Martin Jackson, Hayley and John Smith.
You may also want to watch:
Bosher retained his crown in first place in 4:03, over 40 minutes clear of his nearest rival, ahead of clubmates Jackson (5:38), Reed (6:09), Pickering (6:30), Shah (6:30), the Smiths (6:35) and Lawson (7:18).
- 1 Local Elections 2021: Essex County Council results for Uttlesford
- 2 Is former Love Island star Carl Woods moving to Bardfield?
- 3 New mayor and deputy mayor appointed for town council
- 4 Contractor appointed for new enterprise centre
- 5 High Easter claim Division Two title with win over Great Bradfords
- 6 Here's what you can do from May 17 as Covid restrictions ease
- 7 Prime minister to give green light for May 17 Covid-19 lockdown easing
- 8 Local elections 2021: UDC ward results for Newport and The Sampfords
- 9 Deadline week for Stansted planners amid latest appeal
- 10 Dunmow councillors to devise climate action plan