Athletic: Grange Farm & Dunmow Runners shine at Southend
- Credit: Archant
Grange Farm & Dunmow Runners were out in force at a windy Southend 10k at the weekend.
Lee Pickering led them home in 35.52, while Philippa Robinson (41.55) was first female member to finish.
Gillian Robertson won an Essex Championship bronze in her age group after clocking 49.33, as Connor Johnson (37.56), Dan Reynolds (38.27) and Declan Evans (38.40) all beat the 40-minute mark.
Ashwin Shah (41.00), Kevin Marshall (42.11), Anthony Karas (43.48), Lee Powse (45.13) and Alan Fullerton (45.27) were among the next wave to finish.
And they were followed by Martin Atkinson (46.14), Colin Jackson (47.06), John Smith (48.16), Brady Ramsay (48.24), Hayley Smith (51.06), Richard Robertson (51.30), Glenda Jackson (57.28), Louise Garrett (57.52) and Szabina Nemeth (70.22).
Meanwhile, James Bosher won the Gosfield Gauntlet half marathon trail race in 1:39.52, as Hayley Morley clocked 2:35.31.
And Rachel Sweatt was second female at the Shrewsbury half marathon in 1:22.49.
- 1 Bardfield cottage transformed into scrumptious-looking gingerbread house for Christmas
- 2 Olympic gold medallist Beth Shriever switches on Finchingfield's Christmas tree lights
- 3 First Sunday in December marked with Live Nativity in Great Dunmow
- 4 Here are the new Covid travel rules which begin today
- 5 Man arrested on suspicion of terrorism offences at Stansted Airport
- 6 Items from Lidl and Sainsbury's recalled over health and safety concerns
- 7 Essex buildings are lit up in green for awareness campaign
- 8 Braintree investment leads to questions about Witham
- 9 'Massive' headliners set to be announced for Creamfields South Chelmsford 2022 line-up
- 10 Chelmsford: Safety improvements planned at roundabout after Thaxted man dies