Athletic: Grange Farm & Dunmow Runners shine at Southend
- Credit: Archant
Grange Farm & Dunmow Runners were out in force at a windy Southend 10k at the weekend.
Lee Pickering led them home in 35.52, while Philippa Robinson (41.55) was first female member to finish.
Gillian Robertson won an Essex Championship bronze in her age group after clocking 49.33, as Connor Johnson (37.56), Dan Reynolds (38.27) and Declan Evans (38.40) all beat the 40-minute mark.
Ashwin Shah (41.00), Kevin Marshall (42.11), Anthony Karas (43.48), Lee Powse (45.13) and Alan Fullerton (45.27) were among the next wave to finish.
And they were followed by Martin Atkinson (46.14), Colin Jackson (47.06), John Smith (48.16), Brady Ramsay (48.24), Hayley Smith (51.06), Richard Robertson (51.30), Glenda Jackson (57.28), Louise Garrett (57.52) and Szabina Nemeth (70.22).
You may also want to watch:
Meanwhile, James Bosher won the Gosfield Gauntlet half marathon trail race in 1:39.52, as Hayley Morley clocked 2:35.31.
And Rachel Sweatt was second female at the Shrewsbury half marathon in 1:22.49.
- 1 Bar staff smash £1,000 target in charity challenge
- 2 Dunmow's Flitch and Chips named as one of the UK's 10 best
- 3 More work needed ahead of holiday easing, Stansted says
- 4 Super six for High Easter as they turn on the style against Coggeshall Town youngsters
- 5 Survey reveals Uttlesford fears of fourth national Covid lockdown
- 6 Care at home: what is it, and how can it help?
- 7 Take away Covid self tests from Thaxted library
- 8 Ram-raid gang member absconds from Suffolk jail
- 9 Stansted author to release second novel
- 10 Things to do on the May Bank Holiday weekend: Essex gardens are open