Athletics: Grange Farm & Dunmow Runners set London Marathon bests
- Credit: Archant
The cool weather at the London Marathon led to some impressive times for the 40,000 competitors, including 17 from Grange Farm & Dunmow Runners.
James Bosher led the group home in 2:55.57, followed by Alistair Brown (3:04.30) as Claudine Davie crossed the line in a personal best of 3:16.29.
Luca Predebon (3:18.40) and Emily Predebon (3:29.36) also set new bests, along with clubmate Hannah McIlvenna (3:28.53).
Matt Bainbridge (3:26.04), Neil Hitchcock (3:50.18), Gerard Geurts (3:53.32) and Hayley Smith (3:53.36) also beat the four-hour mark.
Gillian Robertson (4:01.02) was not far outside that target, finishing ahead of Simon Burpitt (4:07.13), Simon King (4:09.17), Ben Portus (4:26.55) and Henrietta Butcher (4:53.29).
You may also want to watch:
And Karen Pickering (5:19.09) and Glenda Jackson (5:19.21) also competed for Runners on a memorable day on the iconic course in the capital.
- 1 Court sentence for Dunmow knife attacker, guilty of attempted murder
- 2 Chelmsford bypass 'could provide strategic link' to Stansted Airport
- 3 Dedicated children's hospital set for Cambridge
- 4 Council agrees to 'complicated' parking charges at Hylands Park
- 5 An afternoon at the Proms for Mountfitchet House residents
- 6 Dunmow Rovers' girls advance in Essex County League Cup
- 7 Minute silence at council meeting for 'kind-hearted' Uttlesford officer
- 8 First 'building block' of Harlow town centre major regeneration approved
- 9 It's pumpkin picking season again at Cammas Hall Farm as Halloween approaches
- 10 Takeley Primary School achieve historic win in Uttlesford Schools Football Tournament