Athletics: Grange Farm & Dunmow Runners set London Marathon bests
- Credit: Archant
The cool weather at the London Marathon led to some impressive times for the 40,000 competitors, including 17 from Grange Farm & Dunmow Runners.
James Bosher led the group home in 2:55.57, followed by Alistair Brown (3:04.30) as Claudine Davie crossed the line in a personal best of 3:16.29.
Luca Predebon (3:18.40) and Emily Predebon (3:29.36) also set new bests, along with clubmate Hannah McIlvenna (3:28.53).
Matt Bainbridge (3:26.04), Neil Hitchcock (3:50.18), Gerard Geurts (3:53.32) and Hayley Smith (3:53.36) also beat the four-hour mark.
Gillian Robertson (4:01.02) was not far outside that target, finishing ahead of Simon Burpitt (4:07.13), Simon King (4:09.17), Ben Portus (4:26.55) and Henrietta Butcher (4:53.29).
You may also want to watch:
And Karen Pickering (5:19.09) and Glenda Jackson (5:19.21) also competed for Runners on a memorable day on the iconic course in the capital.
- 1 Dunmow and Stansted councillors not in new Essex County Council cabinet
- 2 New Dunmow and Barnston vicar thanks community for their warm welcome
- 3 Man sentenced after admitting two charges of sexual assault
- 4 TSB closes Dunmow branch
- 5 Prisoner of war camp a 'huge part' of Essex's history
- 6 Lockdown eases: new mayor and new Priest join drive-in concert
- 7 Uttlesford District Council chief executive is stepping down
- 8 Prison sentence extended for man involved in Dunmow attack
- 9 Summer art competition for children launched by school
- 10 Is former Love Island star Carl Woods moving to Bardfield?