Athletics: Grange Farm & Dunmow Runners impress at Pleshey
- Credit: Archant
Grange Farm & Dunmow Runners were out in force at the Pleshey half marathon on Sunday.
A field of 377 took part in the event, which completed the Essex Championships, and Rachel Sweatt was fastest female in a personal best 1:22.56.
Sweatt, Philippa Robinson (1:31.45) and Karen Pickering (1:39.18) combined to win the women's team gold, as Pickering also took V35 bronze.
Jason Bepey (1:36.05) and Szabina Nemeth (2:43.52) also set personal bests, while James Bosher (1:22.56) was GFDR's fastest male, ahead of Dan Reynolds (1:26.03).
Connor Johnson (1:32.47), Luca Predebon (1:34.12), Kevin Marshall (1:40.07), Martin Atkinson (1:40.42), Tony Karas (1:41.56), Ashwin Shah (1:43.23) and Declan Evans (1:43.46) were among the next group to finish.
You may also want to watch:
And Alan Fullerton and Gerard Geurts both clocked 1:45.14, ahead of Lee Prowse (1:45.25), Gillian Robertson (1:46.43), John Smith (1:52.03), Charlotte King (1:52.16), Abigale Rayner (1:56.19), Hayley Smith (2:03.32), Samantha Chambers (2:10.13), Louise Garrett (2:28.38) and Glenda Jackson (2:29.20).
GFDR are holding a seven-mile trail race from The Stag, Little Easton on Sunday.
- 1 There's a rainbow in the woods outside Thaxted
- 2 Grange Farm & Dunmow Runners delighted to be back at actual races
- 3 Standing for election for a seat on Essex County Council on May 6, 2021
- 4 Delight at repairs grant which will also support specialist building trade
- 5 Pay It Forward brings joy to Dunmow community
- 6 Survey reveals Uttlesford fears of fourth national Covid lockdown
- 7 Maisie the schnoodle returns to care home after year of 'fur'-lough
- 8 Your opinion matters: Help to shape the future of your newspaper
- 9 Dunmow's Flitch and Chips named as one of the UK's 10 best
- 10 Bar staff smash £1,000 target in charity challenge