Athletics: Grange Farm & Dunmow Runners enjoy Essex Way Relay
- Credit: Archant
Grange Farm & Dunmow Runners were out in force at the annual Essex Way Relay on Sunday.
A total of 73 teams took part, from 23 different clubs, and the 82-mile route from Epping to Harwich was divided into sections.
The legs ranged from 5.3 miles to 11.2 miles and GFDR entered five teams, including two men’s, a women’s, a V45 team and mixed team.
Of the 52 teams in the men’s and mixed category, GFDR’s men finished fourth and 20th, with the mixed team 43rd.
The GFDR women’s team was seveth out of 15 teams and the V45 team was third out of six teams.
You may also want to watch:
There were outstanding performances on the day by Alistair Brown and Dan Reynolds ,who finished second in their stages, with Innes Fullerton, Lee Pickering and Josh Sowman taking third places.
GFDR will be holding a 7.5-mile trail race from The Black Lion, High Roding, on September 23.
- 1 Picture gallery: Spot yourself at Finchingfield 2021 three-legged race
- 2 Blue-green algae proves fatal for Doctor's Pond fish
- 3 Reporter wins award for Uttlesford news articles
- 4 Man admits to causing death by dangerous driving after B184 collision
- 5 M11 targeted in week of motorway protests
- 6 Award for off-duty police officer who saved a man's life
- 7 Spitfires and more... IWM Duxford prepares for 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 8 Be there for seasonal Apple and Bees Day at the Gardens of Easton Lodge
- 9 Felsted collision: Motorcyclist seriously injured
- 10 Kemi Badenoch MP secures new brief in September reshuffle