Athletics: Grange Farm & Dunmow Runners enjoy Essex Way Relay
- Credit: Archant
Grange Farm & Dunmow Runners were out in force at the annual Essex Way Relay on Sunday.
A total of 73 teams took part, from 23 different clubs, and the 82-mile route from Epping to Harwich was divided into sections.
The legs ranged from 5.3 miles to 11.2 miles and GFDR entered five teams, including two men’s, a women’s, a V45 team and mixed team.
Of the 52 teams in the men’s and mixed category, GFDR’s men finished fourth and 20th, with the mixed team 43rd.
The GFDR women’s team was seveth out of 15 teams and the V45 team was third out of six teams.
You may also want to watch:
There were outstanding performances on the day by Alistair Brown and Dan Reynolds ,who finished second in their stages, with Innes Fullerton, Lee Pickering and Josh Sowman taking third places.
GFDR will be holding a 7.5-mile trail race from The Black Lion, High Roding, on September 23.
- 1 Two charged in connection with Dunmow burglary
- 2 Dogs seized and three arrested following police operation on Braintree Road, Dunmow
- 3 New Dunmow school approved but safety fears aired
- 4 No 11th hour reprieve for Finchingfield homes plan
- 5 Great Easton pub sells at auction
- 6 More history made by Dunmow Taekwondo's talented students
- 7 'That's more like it' roars Takeley's John Hedges after comfortable win in pro fight number two
- 8 Woman taken to hospital after serious accident between Takeley and Dunmow
- 9 Residents urged to have their say in housing consultation
- 10 Laptops and jewellery stolen during Dunmow burglary