Athletics: Grange Farm & Dunmow Runners enjoy Essex Way Relay
- Credit: Archant
Grange Farm & Dunmow Runners were out in force at the annual Essex Way Relay on Sunday.
A total of 73 teams took part, from 23 different clubs, and the 82-mile route from Epping to Harwich was divided into sections.
The legs ranged from 5.3 miles to 11.2 miles and GFDR entered five teams, including two men’s, a women’s, a V45 team and mixed team.
Of the 52 teams in the men’s and mixed category, GFDR’s men finished fourth and 20th, with the mixed team 43rd.
The GFDR women’s team was seveth out of 15 teams and the V45 team was third out of six teams.
There were outstanding performances on the day by Alistair Brown and Dan Reynolds ,who finished second in their stages, with Innes Fullerton, Lee Pickering and Josh Sowman taking third places.
GFDR will be holding a 7.5-mile trail race from The Black Lion, High Roding, on September 23.
- 1 Assault in Dunmow's Tesco car park
- 2 Great Dunmow man jailed for 14 years
- 3 Sir Tom Jones to play Heritage Live concert at Audley End House & Gardens in Saffron Walden
- 4 Penalty save and late winner moves High Easter up the table
- 5 Fight breaks out near Great Notley as man reportedly seen with a gun
- 6 Court imposes five year ban on shoplifter
- 7 Great Dunmow Town Council will be asked to declare 'climate emergency'
- 8 East of England Tourism Awards 2021-2022: Meet the New Tourism Business of the Year finalists
- 9 In pictures: the cute animals in January's Pets' Corner
- 10 How are England's Covid restrictions changing after Plan B?