Athletics: Grange Farm & Dunmow Runners enjoy Essex Way Relay
- Credit: Archant
Grange Farm & Dunmow Runners were out in force at the annual Essex Way Relay on Sunday.
A total of 73 teams took part, from 23 different clubs, and the 82-mile route from Epping to Harwich was divided into sections.
The legs ranged from 5.3 miles to 11.2 miles and GFDR entered five teams, including two men’s, a women’s, a V45 team and mixed team.
Of the 52 teams in the men’s and mixed category, GFDR’s men finished fourth and 20th, with the mixed team 43rd.
The GFDR women’s team was seveth out of 15 teams and the V45 team was third out of six teams.
You may also want to watch:
There were outstanding performances on the day by Alistair Brown and Dan Reynolds ,who finished second in their stages, with Innes Fullerton, Lee Pickering and Josh Sowman taking third places.
GFDR will be holding a 7.5-mile trail race from The Black Lion, High Roding, on September 23.
- 1 Plan for 30 Dunmow homes rejected by councillors
- 2 Debut Dunmow festival set for sellout success
- 3 Dunmow store transforms with new wedding and prom focus
- 4 Revealed: images of new hospital that aims to be carbon neutral
- 5 Two injured in Hatfield Broad Oak crash
- 6 Four birthday cakes as Florence celebrates her 105th birthday
- 7 Life change of direction for owners of new Felsted cafe
- 8 Parkrun is back - runners urged to maintain social distancing
- 9 Motorcyclist in hospital after Broxted collision
- 10 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19